Senior Financial Accountant - Accounting to Reporting
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Senior Financial Accountant: Do you Thrive in a Challenging environment?
In our world class Financial Shared Service Center, we strive to deliver excellent customer service to our internal and external partners. We are responsible for Stryker's European Business Services, serving more than 20 countries.
- Do you want to be part of a driven and multicultural working environment?
- Do you want to join a company which improves people's lives on a daily basis?
- Do you feel motivated by overcoming challenge?
- Can you manage multiple priorities at the same time?
Your key Responsibilities
- Leads the accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts for your entities
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Reviews the reports and journal entries prepared by the GL Accountant.
- Maintains and performs an effective system of Internal Controls (SOX)
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and supports preparation of statutory financial statements
- Leads discussions and collaboration with relevant stakeholders and Local Finance Teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
- Supports local taxation compliance
- Takes initiative and leads in the documentation of accounting projects and drives them to completion
What are we looking for?
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO in Accounting or equivalent certification
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar accounting or audit role
- Shared Service experience is preferred
- Good understanding of US GAAP (or IFRS)
- Familiar with Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Strong excel skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in ERP systems
- Stakeholder management, able effectively communicate on all levels within the company
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Experience in a multinational firm is a plus
- Energetic, collaborative and proactive
- Is a team player and is willing to help and support, as needed
- High level of honesty, commitment and responsibility
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top