Senior Financial Accountant
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Senior Financial Accountant: Do you Thrive in a Challenging environment?
In our world class Financial Shared Service Center, we strive for delivering excellent customer service to our internal and external partners. Daily we are responsible for Stryker´s European Business Services serving more than 20 countries.
- Do you want to be part of a driven and multicultural working environment?
- Do you want to join a company which improves people´s lives on a daily basis?
- Do you feel thrilled by overcoming challenge?
- Can you manage multiple priorities at the same time?
Yes? So, we probably have a career opportunity for you!
Your key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Senior Financial Accountant include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts for your entities
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Reviews the reports and journal entries prepared by the GL Accountant.
- Maintains and performs an effective system of Internal Controls (SOX)
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and supports preparation of statutory financial statements
- Leads discussions and collaboration with relevant stakeholders and Local Finance Teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
- Supports local taxation compliance (including VAT, statistical filings, etc.)
- Takes initiative and leads in the documentation of accounting projects and drives them to completion
What are we looking for?
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO in Accounting or equivalent certification
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar accounting or audit role
- Shared Service experience is preferred
- Good understanding of US GAAP (or IFRS)
- Familiar with Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Strong excel skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in ERP systems
- Stakeholder management, able effectively communicate on all levels within the company
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Experience in a multinational firm is a plus
- Energetic, collaborative and proactive
- Is a team player and is willing to help and support as needed
- High level of honesty, commitment and responsibility
- German speaking is a plus
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: 0%
Back to top