About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Senior Engineer - Additive Manufacturing, Cork
This role is a great opportunity to work in a state of the art site, working on ground breaking technology. This team are tasked with manufacturing in business growth and have a focus on bringing new technology into the site along with great supporting cost saving initiative projects.
Talents we are looking for:
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what's next.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients' lives.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication, installation, operation, application, maintenance and repair of mechanical or electromechanical machines, equipment, tools, engines and systems.
- Ensures that quality levels and industry standards are maintained or improved in the manufacturing process.
- Oversees installation, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water and steam systems.
- Evaluates mechanical products to determine their cost effectiveness and efficiency. May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, and always practicing good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements, and in pursuit of achieving the business targets
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Leading technical improvements under the business's Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Responsibility for projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and operational handover as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Has 2-4 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of technical leading, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/