About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Sales Development Representative will identify and qualify new and existing business opportunities by building relationships with potential prospects via telephone and e-mail. They will utilize targeted strategies and call campaigns to warm and cold prospects to create relationships and generate revenue. This role offers an opportunity to directly influence company success and grow professionally within the organization. Promote and sell AEDs and Data Solution products (LIFELINKcentral).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and assist renewal activities for LIFENET.
- Establish a rapport with new and current customers, increase penetration into existing accounts, sell new customers and implement new programs.
- Qualify leads, update customer database and supporting sales activities via inbound and outbound calling.
- Achieve daily and monthly outbound call targets to maximize revenue/sales opportunities.
- Record daily call activities in designated database application
- Must be able to obtain sales targets and goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge base of company products.
- Set customers' purchasing expectations in accordance with established product & program specifications and pricing structure.
- Responsible for qualifying products & service leads, updating crm database and supporting sales activities.
- Support prospective and current customer inquiries for product & service information and literature request.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge base of company products & services.
- Work closely with sales team and distribution partners utilizing crm application to manage and communicate regarding leads/opportunities and customers.
- Perform various activities including prospecting, developing leads to support the sales team.
- Support and assist with lead generation efforts resulting from multi-media advertising campaigns.
- Develop internal relationships with other cross functional teams within Stryker to assist and support customers and reps.
- Capture, update and maintain customer contacts & profiles detailing buying cycle, preferences and intentions including competitive information.
- Record daily reporting metrics as well as maintaining database for accuracy.
- Achieve daily workflow targets (outbound call targets and lead conversions to revenue/sales opportunities). Must be able to obtain targets & goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively identify and strategize ways to accelerate new business development and any process improvements.
- Generate sales and service leads/opportunities primarily via outbound calling (minimal inbound).
- Responsible for managing outbound call campaign with targeted promotions and/or product & service offerings.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or equivalent training in business or sales.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Good typing skills, >55wpm
- Experience selling services preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven selling, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills with emphasis on being a self-starter.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong attention to detail including, but not limited to, accurate spelling and appropriate abbreviations
- Makes decisions in a matrix environment with rapidly changing priorities
Coordination of eye, hand, and/or foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination/memory, reading ability, and memory retention ability
- Normal, fast-paced office environment where interruptions are constant.
- Stay seated for extended periods of time
- Occasional evening and weekend work.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.