Robotics Electrical Engineer
- Weston, FL
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want:
Analytical Problem Solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Curious learners: Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Motivated product launchers: Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What You Will Do:
As a Robotics Electrical Engineer, you will support existing field products and support the continuous improvement of Stryker products.
You will lead design team to execute project goals. Create test programs and fixtures for development tools and processes. Design and develop requirements, prototypes and solutions to deliver electrical designs for robotic and surgical applications.
You will generate detailed electrical and electronic designs and release applicable documentation. Work closely with manufacturing, other engineering teams, quality assurance and program management to deliver products. Generate detailed designs and release applicable documentation. Review peer designs. Contribute to building and testing of prototypes.
- Lead teams and create designs for printed circuit board and electrical subsystems for use within robotic systems.
- Originate designs and concepts, draft design documentation, plan and conduct relevant reviews and tests.
- Debug electrical circuit problems and implement corrective action. Document and release the corrective action.
- Investigates field problems to root cause and propose resolutions.
- Expert use development tools, such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and soldering stations.
- Generate and communicate schedules to a broad technical audience. Clearly communicate status of team assignments and coordinate team tasks.
What You Need:
- Bachelors Electrical / Electronics Engineering degree from an ABET accredited school
- 6+ years of relevant experience in printed circuit boards, embedded systems, electrical design.
- Masters, or Doctorate (PhD) Electrical / Electronics Engineering degree would be desirable
- Experience as project lead
- Experience working in medical device quality system or other regulated industry
- Experience working with industry regulations and authoring specifications and test plans
- Expert ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Expert knowledge of analog and digital mixed circuit design.
- Expert knowledge of FPGA and microcontroller designs.
- Expert knowledge of embedded systems (electronics and firmware within a electro-mechanical chassis).
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top