Regional Sales Manager, Romania East
- Bucharest, Romania
The role is responsible for the team within the specified geographic region of their specified franchise, including the leadership of employees as well as sales/turnover, so that optimized customer service and acquisition of new customers is guaranteed. This person should show through their career a true passion for people development together with outstanding results in medical device sales.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
Financial responsibility of the business in respective Region.
- The incumbent is expected to meet or exceed their annual Sales Revenue Target as defined in the Division budget. He/she is expected to meet or exceed these targets by compliant means.
- The incumbent is expected to run profitable Business Unit in their respective geographical area. The expectation is that the incumbent and sales teams will meet margin expectations by implementing an appropriate pricing policy to get sales in line with "Sales Revenue Target" as well as meet margin expectation as defined in the annual budget.
- The incumbent is expected, for the purpose of Stryker's manufacturing and sales forecasting, to ensure accurate sales forecasts each month.
Manage the team/business - he/she should have extensive experience of:
- Establish broad and solid relationships with clients (internal and external) to ensure the solidity of the sales team
- Coach and mentor all direct reports and establish development plans for them to exceed expectations
- Assess talents and work closely with Country Manager and HR to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of the sales team with respect to people, development, retention, succession planning, and employee engagement.
- Ensure the effective management of employee turnover and engagement of sales teams.
- Have a clear personal vision of what sales team engagement means and how to achieve it
- Show extensive examples of outstanding service to customers, both personally and via a team
Execute on sales and marketing plan in line with Country Manager and EEMEA marketing strategy
- Develop a strong business plan for the region in the local market
- Ensure effective territory and budget setting to drive growth are in place for the region.
- Develop impactful and coordinated actions aimed at higher account customer engagement.
- Drive customer centric continuous improvement and sales.
- Be commercially aware and monitor the market and gather competitive intelligence on new products, competitive strategies, industry tactics, and opportunities for business growth.
- Meet with key clients to assist Sales Reps with maintaining /fostering relationships and negotiating/closing deals.
- Collaborate with other division to drive sales
- Drive, coach and develop the sales team to win new market share from competitors
- BSc Life sciences, medicine, pharmaceutical or business degree desirable
- Solid experience as a people manager for a medical device business with proven career progression.
- In excess of 5 years, direct selling experience required, preferable in the medical device industry; with a good knowledge of opinion leaders and of the main products and competitors;
- A good understanding of P&L, and working knowledge of how to maximise profits, for Stryker
- This manager needs to be out and about, with high visibility and impact, living and breathing all Stryker's values to customers and employees alike.
- Proven experience in delivering excellence in market share growth and financial commitments.
- Experience in executing on the marketing plan within budget constraints
- Demonstrated success in building, managing, motivating and developing strong sales. This includes acumen in setting sales coverage and leveraging territory coverage and customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to build engagement and leverage performance management systems to reach business objectives; includes goal setting, performance planning and monitoring, coaching, feedback and performance review
- Strong commercial/financial acumen; including demonstrated record of overachieving organizational goals (e.g., sales quota, growth quota, sales, P&L, engagement)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills; strong cross-functional influencing skills & teamwork.
- High Ethics. This manager needs to be of impeccable ethics. High integrity management will be essential to the delivery of Stryker's vision of being the most admired company, and how that will be achieved through impeccable ethics.
- Execution focus. This is a significant hands-on role, with a clear focus on execution. This manager must have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results over an extended period, both personally and through teams. This manager must be passionate about hitting and exceeding targets, have a deep understanding of exactly how their business is performing in all key areas, and possess huge internal drive and motivation.
- Engage and inspire the workforce. This manager needs to be able to build confidence, trust, inspiration and commitment to a workforce. In addition to gaining the commitment of the existing workforce, they need to build an even stronger team. This person should be a ‘talent magnet', the sort of great manager that those who have worked for them before, want to work for again. However, this is not just about hiring old contacts, but really being able to sort which people are the very best, and will be able to add talent bench strength to Stryker. A passion and talent for orchestrating people resources will be essential. This manager will need to have had experience at building winning teams
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: 50%
Back to top