Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Position Title: Quality Engineering Co-op (8 month) - Post Market
EEO Code: N/A
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- The Quality Engineering Co-op will work with Advanced Quality Engineers (AQE) and Post-Market Quality Engineers (QE) to ensure we develop the right products up front - evaluate risk, ensure our customer's user needs are met, and help drive craftsmanship, safety, durability and reliability into the product. On the post-market side, you will also work closely with cross-functional teams to handle complaints and implement design changes, as needed, to address quality issues. The role requires someone who has great communication, problem-solving, and technical skills.
- This 8-month co-op term is preferably aimed at applicants in their 3rd or 4th year of a Biomedical, Mechanical, Electrical, Integrated, Mechatronics (or similar) program. It would be advantageous to have completed a previous co-op term.
- This position will require a combination of in-office (Burnaby) and at-home work.
- Assisting in the design and development of a range of endoscopy and open field imaging devices and accessories
- Participate as part of the quality engineering team in all phases of development - from proof-of-concept to product launch and post-market complaint handling and product improvements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales and marketing, R&D, test lab and manufacturing.
- Work with third-party suppliers and contractors to produce prototypes, run tests and document findings.
- Lead in house testing, including creation of protocols, fixtures, running the tests and documenting results.
- Work with customers, sales reps and service team on investigations and root cause analysis of product field issues.
While working with a team of engineers and under the supervision of a senior engineer, the co-op will be
expected to engage on some of the following types of activities:
- Quality Management System DHF/DMR development on new and existing products, including documentation, meetings, and liaising across cross-functional teams.
- Design of test setups and testing conditions to investigate options for improving device performance.
- Participate in design reviews, risk management and associated risk control assessment.
- Understand and follow proper procedures and best practices; work with senior engineers to improve them.
- Actively contribute to and respect team decisions; strive for and abide by consensus; operate within Company
- Contribute to project planning and commit to deliverable goals. Proactively report progress.
- Take direction as needed from senior engineers and QA managers; complete most tasks with minimal
- Proactively seek out senior technical leaders and managers as necessary.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 kilograms of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, etc. generally involves sitting most of the time.
- Must be able to communicate with groups of people.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Ability to use common office equipment.
- Self-managed, self-motivated, with excellent hands-on problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to generate and explain design objectives.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately with excellent attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate creative thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to review and troubleshoot designs and provide constructive feedback.
- Self-managed and self-motivated critical given nature of position (largely working from home without continuous oversight)
- Hands-on problem-solving skills
- Fluent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to write procedures and present complex problems and solutions.
- Enrolled in an engineering program - preferably 3rd or 4th year of an Engineering program (ME, EE, Biomedical, Integrated, Biomechanics, or similar)
- Available for an 8-month co-op term
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com