Quality Control Technician - 1st shift
- Plainfield, IL
Under general supervision, performs routine to moderately complex and repetitive inspection tasks using standard procedure, gauges, tools, and equipment.
Education/Special Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Will perform incoming inspection on components and Electro/mechanical products per company/regulatory specifications.
- Will work from engineering schematics or blueprints to perform accurate checks and tests.
- Will be required to comply with documentation and regulatory procedures and policies.
- Will work across multiple, different IT platforms and Quality Management Systems.
- Maintain inspection gear (calibration, cleanliness)
- Will interact with internal and external customers to resolve, inspection and/or components issues, across multiple divisions.
- May inspect packaging and/or labeling and literature to ensure regulatory compliance.
- May work from verbal and/or written instructions.
- May include training others in inspection techniques and procedures.
- May perform inventory analysis and certain inventory transactions on behalf of divisional customers.
- Provide great customer support to:
- Quality Engineers
- Quality Techs
- Team Leaders
- Supplier Quality Engineers
- Advanced Quality Engineers/Advanced Quality Techs
Blood Borne Pathogen Category A Position
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a frequent basis and/or up to 75 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Very good visual acuity.
- Requires hand grasp ability.
- Requires coordination of hands and/or eye/hand/foot.
- May be required to reach, push or pull in order to accomplish job accountabilities.
- Ability to work with and inspects very small objects and/or tools and component parts.
- Job demands include prolonged stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting and/or standing as appropriate.
- Must be able to observe and note minute inconsistencies.
- Must be able to follow and explain detailed instructions and inspection procedures.
- Must be able to explain detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to communicate product and/or component part deficiencies to supervisory or Engineering personnel.
- Must be able to perform as an individual contributor and thrive in a team environment.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
- Reading, writing, arithmetic, and measuring skills.
- Blueprint/Engineering schematic reading and interpretation.
- Ability to select and operate appropriate measurement equipment accurately.
- Basic inspection techniques.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn Stryker specific programs
- 1-2 years close tolerance quality control inspection
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top