Project Manager, R&D
- Cork, Ireland
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker Neurosurgical is looking for a stand-out Project Manager, motivated and determined to deliver best-in-class medical devices within our High Speed Drills product line. Come be a part of the leadership in a fast-paced, high-energy business unit and PMO, focused on teamwork and exciting new technologies. We are poised to deliver incredible solutions to our neuro-spine customers and continued growth for our company.
Who we want:
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Effective communicators. People who regularly share relevant status updates and effectively articulate issues and recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
What you will do:
- Provide overall project direction for schedule, cost, performance, and resources.
- Lead a cross-functional project team from early concept design to delivery of fully commercialized medical device.
- Closely monitor project performance to be able to recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions as needed to deliver on project commitments. Partner with Marketing and R&D to develop project business cases, determine user needs, and execute customer use trials. Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to leadership throughout project life cycle.
- Responsible for team dynamics and making sure the team is optimally organized
- Develop strong relationships with team members
- Create, monitor, and control project plans including:
- -Schedule / Burndowns / Task Lists / Resources
- -Business Case / Capital Equipment Request / Budget
- -Risk Assessments / Mitigation / Contingency Planning
- Support development of functional specifications that fully define project and product.
- -Performance criteria
- Develop and direct project team members
- Provide periodic progress reports to other functional areas of the company affected by the project
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders on project health and key issues
- Learn clinical applications of product and help plan interaction with surgeons and hospital staff through VOC (Voice of Customer) events
What you need
- B.S. in engineering or related technical discipline
- 2+ yrs experience
- Preferred 2+ years experience leading projects
- Preferred PMI Certification
- Experience in New Product Development preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track and facilitate projects using applicable tools (Gantt, Burndowns, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to justify, procure and implement major capital equipment programs
- Basic computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet database)
Work From Home: Not available
Compensation Grade: 11.Product Development Project/Program Management.3IC
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top