Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Join Stryker Communications as a Project Manager and help architect the operating room of the future! Stryker Communications is committed to making health care better by partnering with healthcare providers to integrate and optimize communication, workflow, and growth in operating rooms (OR). Stryker's iSuite delivers on this commitment by creating opportunities for improved OR efficiencies and, ultimately, by enabling the best experience for health care providers and their patients.
As Project Manager on Stryker Communication's Field Operations team you will develop and manage customer new build or renovation projects from the planning and budgeting phase through customer sign off. Key metrics include Scope, Quality, Cost, and Schedule. You will be responsible for partnering with the internal project team and key stakeholders to drive an exceptional customer experience while delivering upon key performance objectives. Success in this role will require project management capability, clear communication skills, and the ability to engage and influence stakeholders representing all areas of the business, across front-line personnel and supervisors. Areas of focus include projects that span multiple teams and functions. Individuals in this role are expected to successfully engage, influence, and inspire peers, supervisors, and front-line associates.
This position is based in Kentucky and reports into a regional manager.
Deliver a world class Customer Experience
- Responsible for managing 30-50 projects concurrently while maintaining high quality and customer satisfaction standards.
- Represents Stryker in a professional and responsible manner while communication and interacting with others both internally and externally.
- Builds strong relationships with both sales representatives and key account contacts and stakeholders; obtain customer feedback to both maintain and improve upon delivering an incredible experience.
- Manages project transitions between functional groups and project phases to ensure a seamless customer experience.
Maintain standards of Operational Excellence
- Identify project scope; coordinate with key stakeholders to identify project goals, plans, phases including but not limited to project schedule, budget, staffing requirements, resource requirements, identification and mitigation of risks, and logistical support.
- Provides pre-installation and construction requirement documentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish, modifies, and monitors project and system workflow (SalesForce documentation).
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work and coordinates with installation management; ensures project team members conform to organizational and FDA policies and procedures.
- Provides day-to-day guidance for project activities; actively works to promote and recognize project team performance.
- Maintain and consistently update key project dates and timelines to ensure accurate visibility is provided to key functions across the business, specifically production for demand planning purposes and finance for revenue forecasts.
- Provide detailed and accurate weekly revenue forecasting updates to higher level management outlining revenue recognition for a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provide consistent feedback to internal teams regarding project planning process, capacity and resource planning, design/scope management and overall logistics.
- Utilize problem-solving methodologies to understand the business's value stream and the impact the project team provides
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standard work
Role model Stryker culture and build effective partnerships
- Influence stakeholders within the projects assigned, prioritize tasks within a given project, and provide process improvement recommendations to stakeholders and direct management.
- Partner with Sales to ensure focus on the Customer Experience through interdepartmental collaboration to resolve escalations and proactive stakeholder communications
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders across Sales, Operations and Service to ensure an innovative, value-driven mentality in terms of customer experience, order management, and communications.
- Hold self accountable for living Stryker values of Integrity, Accountability, People and Performance.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of project management work experience required
- Relevant work experience including but not limited to process improvement, project/program management
- This role is Field based
- Travel up to 60%
- Routinely handles objects weighing up to 25 lbs and on occasion may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Standard motions required to successfully complete computer work at desk
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills with capability to influence a diverse set of audiences
- Must be able to routinely make decisions that may affect immediate operations and have a company-wide effect
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g., in the printed word, product or component appearance, etc.)
- Must be proficient in the MS Office applications Excel, PowerPoint, Whiteboard, and other emerging technologies
- Must demonstrate versatility and a willingness to work in unclear and continually changing environments with enthusiasm
- Prior experience with project management with Salesforce (SFDC)
- 12 paid holidays annually
- Health benefits include: Medical and prescription drug insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, personalized healthcare support, wellbeing program and tobacco cessation program.
- Financial benefits include Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), 401(k) plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), basic life and AD&D insurance, and short-term disability insurance.
For a more detailed overview of our benefits or time off, please follow this link to learn more: US Stryker employee benefits
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopaedics and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 130 million patients annually. More information is available at stryker.com.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program on our referral page
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. Employees and new hires in sales and field roles that require access to customer accounts as a function of the job may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain various vaccinations as an essential function of their role.