Process Specialist - Associate
Responsible for providing technical support and coverage for the CNC machining/metal forming equipment within Stryker Medical Plant. Responsible for the safe and efficient day-to-day production and project execution as it relates to process development, equipment downtime, process improvements and equipment commissioning.
- Actively participate in cleanliness and 6S standards team (includes desks, work benches, tooling and equipment, machines, etc.)
- Documents safety and 6S concerns within immediate area and plant-wide production area
- Technical support, set-up, commissioning, troubleshooting and process improvements on CNC machining equipment, sheet metal laser equipment, tube bending equipment and automation
- Ensuring compliance with established regulatory and quality, legal, corporate, and human resources policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal direct supervision to accomplish technical production support tasks and troubleshooting
- Assists in transformational projects for cost, quality, process improvements within operations, maintenance and engineering
- Work closely with engineering and operation teams to recommend and specify upgrades, replacements and new equipment purchases
- Documents results of all projects, improvements and opportunities and communicates to team leader and team members as needed
- Partner with advanced operations as needed to complete one-off requests in regard to prototypes, fixtures, tooling and process development
- Work directly with vendors on tooling, process improvements for existing or new applications
- Assist in material flow layouts and part/fixture/tooling racking solutions within the plant
- Specify tooling for new or existing processes, work closely with MPLs to guide orders and tooling sustainment
- Provides training on existing processes as well as new equipment/processes within plant
- Trains employees on fabrication processes and inspects/tests results and applicants, as needed
- Provides line of defense, partnering with MPLs as needed, to address line-down issues regarding equipment and process issues and non-conformances
- Supports Day-to-day production in operations via technical troubleshooting, problem solving and advising on equipment tooling, operation
- Troubleshooting of problems regarding component issues, quality problems, and equipment maintenance/performance
- Assists in smaller-scale projects as it relates to equipment capacity, part transfers, cost reduction projects
- Assist in programming numerous pieces of NC and/or PLC controlled metal fabrication/welding equipment
- Assist in validation activities within engineering team, including periodic reviews, equipment qualifications, process validations, PPAPs
- Complete various day-to-day tasks, as assigned
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Technical knowledge and understanding of metal fabricating processes (machining, welding, sheet metal forming, etc.)
- 3+ years of relevant fabrication experience, manufacturing experience, process development experience, programming experience
- Skill set in on or more of the following: machining, tube forming, sheet metal processing, automation, robotics, or welding
- Must be proficient in the use of calibrated devices and in the reading of detailed mechanical prints.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess attention to detail
- Must be able to observe and note minute inconsistencies
- Must be able to follow and explain detailed instructions and inspection procedures
- Must be able to explain detailed documentation accurately
- Must be able to communicate extraordinarily to many stakeholders and facets of the business including production, engineering, quality and upper-management
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top