Principal Software Engineer, Application Software Development
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Who We Want
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will Do:
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your software engineering talent in an exciting domain that is changing the future of surgery? To join a company ranked # 1 on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For Diversity and #11 on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For?
Do you want to work with "amazingly talented high achievers" who are "willing to go above and beyond with a smile on their face" to make the products that "change patients' lives"? To build a rewarding career with an innovative company? Check out our culture and team here: https://bit.ly/2MsHWN0
As a Principal Software Engineer at Stryker you will independently design and implement complex application software, along with architecture and design documentation, for robotic-assisted surgery products. You will specialize in various technology domains and evaluate and select new technologies and new platforms. You will train and mentor engineers and work closely with peers to develop market leading software that meets customer and system requirements. You will apply the defined design and development practices, including Agile methodology, and use sound software engineering principles to ensure that application software products are safe, robust, and user-friendly. You will ensure that organizational engineering practices are effective and efficient by monitoring the best industry practices and making recommendations.
What you Need
- College graduate with a degree focused on (or equivalent in) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related fields.
- Bachelor's with 8+ years of experience; Master's with 5+ years of experience; PhD with 2+ years of experience
- Supervisory/technical leadership experience, 1+ year
- Strong core computer science background in areas such as data structures, algorithms, software architecture, complexity analysis, optimization, etc.
- Expertise in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OODA)
- Expertise in C++ 11 development
- Strong experience with 3D graphics and geometry
- Previous experience in designing and documenting software architecture
- Expertise using software development tools, such as version control, IDEs, compilers, interpreters, debuggers, continuous integration, defect tracking, requirements management, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise with agile software development lifecycle management (such as SCRUM) and application software development best practices
- Knowledge of Qt is a plus
- Experience in image processing and algorithms development is a plus
- Experience in medical device software or biomedical application development is a plus
Work From Home: Occasional
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top