COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the #1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Why manufacturing at Stryker? Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people's lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people's lives.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Under general to minimal supervision performs appropriate and timely maintenance, installation and rearrangement of equipment and /or machinery. Supports the improvement of mold change system, equipment operation, reduction of the cycles of the molding processes. Ensure that technical requirements for the production are optimal and ready for production. Responsible for executing tasks and / or improvement projects that impact the efficiency of operations to maintain business continuity and ensure the quality of our components.
- Continuously comply with the standards required by ISO, FDA, QSR.
- Continuously comply with EHS policy
- Stop further processing in the event of encountering non-conforming product condition.
- Knowledge of the controls and handling of all machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Implement improvements in the mechanical process for mold change using Lean methodology as a guide
- Implement equipment improvements
- Implement improvements in automation equipment
- Support the implementation or review the ITNs, operational procedures of the equipment, mold changes and others
- Perform evaluations of equipment to prevent future failures
- Support the review and improve the maintenance of the equipment (PM, JP)
- Identify the critical spare parts of the equipment that we must keep available.
- Perform troubleshooting and / or repairs of machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Quote and order spare parts equipment
- Support implementation and development of programs in the Reject robot, Start-up, QC samples, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend process improvements to reduce cycles or improve quality
- Make sure that the set-up technician has the equipment and / or the necessary tools to carry out the set-up process
- Maintain constant monitoring of equipment to ensure production compliance.
- Keep your tools and your work area clean and organized complying with the 6 pillars (Lean manufacturing).
- Perform other related tasks or projects as assigned
- May support in mold set up if necessary
- Basic knowledge of the control and management of the machines
- Coordinate with the supervisor and / or designee the execution of the tasks and / or repairs to be carried out.
- Ensure production is running efficiently and adjust parameters if necessary
- Ability to restart machines
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work with small objects and component parts.
- Must have good visual acuity and demonstrate fine motor skills/ability
- Observe and correct minute inconsistencies.
- Follow and explain detailed instructions, inspection and repair procedures.
- Complete detailed documentation accurately
- Communicate machine issues to others
- Analyze and correct routine machine/equipment issues
- Blueprint/schematic reading.
- Skills and / or knowledge in handling injection molding machines and CNC machines is preferable.
- Skills and / or knowledge management in "robot", EOAT, etc is preferable.
- Operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, etc.), power tools and test equipment.
- Basic math, measuring and writing skills.
- Mechanical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing are in pharma industry
- Experience in mechanics is preferable.
Required Education and Training:
- High School diploma is required.
- Associate or Technical Degree on Mechanical area, Engineering or related area is preferable.
- Licensed electrician is preferable.
- Proficient on pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic and sensor operated systems
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com