Manager R&D Electrical Engineering
- Shirley, NY
Who We Want:
Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members
Insightful advisors. Managers who lead strategy development, validation and data collection to facilitate continual improvement.
Managers who drive performance. People who implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
What You Will Do:
In this position, you will be primarily responsible for the oversight and supervision of the Electrical Engineering team. Duties also include designing, analyzing and testing systems and components and supporting them in production.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for the supervisory of the Electrical Engineering team of 6-10 team members.
- Provide oversight for electrical engineering development for all new and current devices.
- Recruit, retain, and develop electrical engineering staff.
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional leadership.
- Plan the department structure and provide development, direction, and motivation.
- Manage the performance of the electrical engineering team to attain goals and objectives.
- Conduct performance reviews with Electrical Engineering team members.
- Develops and directs the design and development of new products and the improvement of existing products.
- Works with members of the management team to further department and company goals.
- Works on collaborative project teams in conjunction with project engineers and project managers.
- May serve as a senior technical member of one to several project teams concurrently.
- Manages time of the Electrical Engineering Team on a daily basis according to project and departmental goals, milestones and budgets.
- Manages system engineering, analysis, concept development, detailed design including drawing, system build, integration, verification and production support.
- Provides technical guidance as a mentor to less experienced electrical engineers.
- Provides electrical and system engineering guidance to mechanical engineers and software engineers.
- Works closely with outside printed circuit board assembly shops and cable assembly shops in both prototype building and production level fabrication
- Contributes to the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the engineering group as a whole and the electrical engineering department in particular.
What you Need
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years related experience in the design of electrical components for electrical or electro-mechanical devices
- Experience in managing a small team of engineers.
- Experience in working with medical devices, imaging-related preferred.
- Experience with Design Controls is preferred
Work From Home: Occasional
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top