About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
- The Mako Product Specialist primarily will be responsible for providing clinical product support to all end users of our pioneering Mako SmartRobotics. In this role, you will be responsible for providing on-site guidance and assistance during surgical procedures, and for providing training, ongoing in-services, and customer education to the assigned account. You will also look to provide feedback on product design to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
Critical success factors / key deliverables:
- Provide surgeons and operating room staff with training and Clinical/Technical support in the operation of the company's robotic arm applications, associated equipment and instruments to insure ideal placement and precision.
- Use proprietary software to prepare pre-operative CT scans for use in conjunction with the company's Mako SmartRobotics, assists surgeon in preoperative implant planning, implant sizing and positioning.
- Provide detailed reports and associated metrics to management, direct supervisor and company's Quality/Regulatory representatives as needed. Key considerations include case review, service, customer complaint, and recommendations for improvements. Maintains and controls local Mako consigned inventory.
- Processes sales orders and provides forecast input to sales and operations teams.
- Support training and marketing activities as needed. Provide potential customers with opportunity to experience the Mako system through hands on demonstration and explanations.
- Provide prompt and accurate complaint reports per the requirements of Stryker's quality system.
- Provide case coverage as MPS (Mako Product Specialist)
- Actively sell the clinical benefits of the products, and build strong, positive relationships with key surgeons and OR staff at targeted accounts.
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes
Academic qualifications / degree & relevant prior experience:
- Preferably a minimum of +1 year prior experience in a sales and/or technical capacity (medical, pharma or healthcare industry)
- Knowledge of the Operating Room environment required
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer service principles and processes
- Demonstrates problem solving and ability to work in a team oriented environment with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates command, and willing to take control
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and comprehend written specifications and to assist customers with product selections that will comply with those specifications
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.