The Job's mission:
Have you always wanted to work for one of the world's best employers within medical technology and an award-winning Great Place to Work Belgium 2022?
For our innovative Mako robotics system, we are looking for a Hybrid Clinical (Mako) Support Specialist! Ideally, you are located in Oost- or West-Vlaanderen in Belgium as in this position you will be covering this field service territory.
Our Mako robot enables surgeons to have a more predictable surgical experience when performing joint replacement surgery (hip, knee). With your strong communication skills, you will brief the assigned customers and provide them with on-site guidance before and during surgical procedures in all areas of application of the Mako Robotics System. After an intensive training and onboarding phase of 6 months including certification, you will work within a highly engaged team that truly cares about making healthcare better by providing best customer product support with a high level of personal responsibility.
Learn more about what a Mako Product Specialist does at Stryker and get to know Avnish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSzewU_YdY
Learn more about the Mako robot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-hSfOKrAZI
Your key responsibilities:
- You will provide clinical product support to all end users (surgeons, healthcare professionals, nurses) and on-site guidance and assistance during surgical joint replacement procedures with or without the Mako robotics system.
- You will prepare pre-operative CT scans for use in conjunction with the Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic Mako system to assist surgeons in preoperative implant planning, implant sizing and positioning.
- You will provide surgeons and operating room staff with training and clinical/technical support during the surgery about the robotic arm applications, associated equipment and instruments to ensure ideal placement and precision of the hip and/or knee implant.
- During the surgery, you know the procedure inside-out to inform the scrub/scout nurses, for instance, what implants/instruments to pass to the correct stakeholder, in what order and at what time.
- You will collaborate with Sales Representatives and Marketing to increase public awareness and highlight clinical benefits of the products - and build strong relationships with key surgeons and operating room staff.
- In addition to providing ongoing education, you will be a crucial conduit to our Stryker engineers for feedback on product design.
- Additional tasks will include creating case reports, resolving product problems, monitoring inventory and assisting sales and marketing teams in an effort to increase account growth of the Mako robot.
What are we looking for?
- You have gained clinical support experience, for example as a medical field technician, nurse, physiotherapist, application specialist or similar.
- Or: You hold a university degree within the field of biomechanical or biomedical engineering, medical technology, health sciences or similar.
- You have already gained orthopaedic surgery experience which is a plus - not a must.
- A strong customer interaction experience is important for you as you place the customer at the heart of everything you do!
- You hold strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with all levels of a medical department.
- You hold a high level of stress resistance and demonstrated problem solving skills to troubleshoot potential problems.
- You are highly flexible to travel within the region (90% travel) or also cover for your colleagues in other regions of Belgium if needed.
- You would describe yourself as very detail-oriented, curious and a fast-learner.
- You hold demonstrated knowledge of business administrative and clerical procedures and systems (e.g., word processing, file management and record maintenance).
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required.
- You hold a valid driver's license.
What We Offer:
- Company Car. As this is a field-based role with regular customers visits, you will be provided with a company car.
- MAKO Product Training. To become a certified MAKO Product Specialist, you will complete a 6-month training in English which includes co-travelling, surgery observation in the operating room and a final exam.
- Flat hierarchies and responsibility. Through flat hierarchies, we strengthen the initiative and willingness of our employees to take over responsible tasks.
- We grow talent. At Stryker we offer great personal and internal career development for our employees, with the possibility to make both vertical and lateral position movement.
- Team spirit & engagement. We create engaged and inclusive teams that encourage colleagues to share their diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Competitive salary. With us, you will receive a competitive salary commensurate with your job. Our comprehensive package also includes a pension plan, hospitalization plan, etc.
- Recognition of your performance. At our company, outstanding individual and cross-functional team performance is rewarded. Ideas, projects, or other exceptional achievements can be submitted for various awards on a local and global level.