Freight Operations Lead
- Kalamazoo, MI
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want-
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes - finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Business-oriented evaluators. People who effectively interpret information to demonstrate the effects of business initiatives, regulation and industry trends for management and leadership teams.
- Data translators. Highly effective communicators who can transform data findings into recommendations to compose reports and leadership level presentations.
What you will do-
This cross-divisional role is responsible for maximizing the service, quality and cost efficiency of inbound and outbound transportation for the assigned site(s). The key focus for this role will be to support divisional and modal logistics operations, provide financial and analytical support, and drive continuous improvement.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Act as primary liaison with leaders and peers at the assigned sites; represent their requirements in the Global Transportation strategy
- Assist in development carrier strategy
- Collaborate closely with carrier partners to drive performance and efficiency
- Act with ownership over the Global Quality and Operations (GQO) freight P&L lines for the plants - working with leadership and peers to understand details of budget and variances
- Coordinate GQO cost initiatives with the Transportation operations team to ensure a solid and achievable pipeline of savings and process improvements
- Monitor performance of 4PL and resolve escalations issues as required
- Build strong relationships with Stryker facilities to provide premier customer service
- Support transportation between Stryker manufacturing plants, Stryker suppliers, and distribution centers
- Provide guidance and train the business to make educated transportation decisions
- Analyze internal and external requirements and other data to identify logistics opportunities and activities to improve cost, quality and service
- Communicate and present ideas, projects, and key performance indicators (KPI's)/metrics to the appropriate stakeholders in the organization
- Provide oversight support to daily logistics activities for all internal teams
- Manage the freight pay exceptions to ensure carriers are paid and/or accruals are planned correctly
What you need-
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Statistics or appropriate discipline required
- 4+ years of related work experience required, with a strong understanding of transportation
- ERP systems knowledge and TMS experience -preferred
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel -preferred
- High motivation with the ability to see problems and recommend or take appropriate actions to solve them
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top