COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker? We are proud to be named one the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
It's Time to Join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great Place to Work, named us among the World's Best Workplaces. We currently rank #15 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a great workplace for employees all over the world.
Who We Want
Software enthusiast. People who can come up creative design for complex software program and seek out the tough bugs to fix.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What You Will Do
As an Embedded software developer, You will be responsible for designing and developing medical device software for the Acute Care business unit at Stryker Medical
- You will be responsible for designing, developing, coding, testing, debugging and maintenance of embedded software
- You will analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of the embedded system resources
- You will prototype and bench test designs
- You will write device drivers from scratch or debug/enhance device drivers on an embedded processor.
- You will support problem solving, root cause analysis, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against requirements.
- You will conduct research and studies to support product design.
- You will generate and review the necessary documents with project teams (requirements/design/architecture/bugs/test)
- You will participate in code reviews applying design principles, coding standards and best practices.
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of related experience
What We Would Love That You Have (Preferred)
- Object oriented: C, C++
- Scripting: Python
- OS: Linux
- SDLC processes (software development life cycle) - Agile Scrum, Waterfall
- Knowledge of software development practices (DevOps) including source control, unit testing, and CI/CD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery)
- Working knowledge in software configuration management/version control system: Perforce (preferred), Git or similar
- Experience with RTOS (e.g. Free RTOS)
Come join our team at Stryker in Kalamazoo!
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com