- Kalamazoo, MI
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Director, Engineering provides overall department direction as related to process development and control for new and existing processes/products. This role will help to build a strategy, drive synergies and consistency. The Director, Engineering is a leader who can challenge their team in the ways that enable them to drive development.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Directs operations team responsible for business development due diligence and integration
- Manages directly or through subordinate supervisors the activities of the Operations Engineering Department.
- Formulates and recommends process development engineering guidelines and time lines in accordance with project objectives.
- Builds and executes strategy for innovation, growth, and technical expertise of the site.
- Seeks out opportunities to expand site manufacturing and technology.
- Builds justification and ROI to support programs, projects and value responsible team brings.
- Holds team accountable to business goals.
- Administers an advanced manufacturing engineering program of high technical competence and judgement and ensures sound technical engineering concepts are applied.
- Coordinates operations function in new product launches.
- May prepare and correlate short and long term process engineering plans and programs for design, construction or alteration of activities.
- Ensures research and development of new technologies/processes to support growth of business.
- Will develop and direct team resources.
- New employee recruiting
- Development, ownership and maintenance of operating procedures and basic instruction.
- Arranging resources to meet new product and production customer service needs.
- Plan, organize, and implement training.
- Developing and prioritizing goals and metrics.
- Development and management of department budgets.
- May support larger plant and franchise level needs outside of just engineering and stand in for site lead when required.
- Capital plan and development.
- Will assist subcontractors in resolving manufacturing and quality related issues.
- Will assist customers in resolving product issues.
- Plans, organizes and sets goals for the direct team and empowers team to build their individual team strategies to align and best utilize personnel.
- Will train others on manufacturing systems and procedures.
- Will submit periodic reports on areas of responsibility.
- May have personal contact with customers internal and external to GQO.
- Manages directly and/or indirectly the activities of manufacturing engineers and Process Technicians.
- Builds a business's strategy, sets overall group goals and priorities to align and evaluates subordinate's performance based on those goals/priorities.
- Coaches and develops leaders and in turn manufacturing engineers and Process Technicians
- Responsible for manufacturing engineers complying with company policies and corrective actions.
Education & Qualifications:
- B.S. Engineering (mechanical, electrical, or industrial) or related field
- M.A. in Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of related Manufacturing experience
- 2-4 years of project Mgmt. experience (cross-functional preferred)
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed process plans using applicable tools (PFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, and Safety and Efficacy reviews).
- Demonstrated ability to implement qualified processes using applicable systems (Process Validation, Process Planning Tools, Design of experiments, Manufacturing Assembly Procedures).
- Demonstrated ability to justify, procure and implement major capital equipment programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams
- Development, Analysis and Implementation of Test Lab Tests/Support
- PM Systems, Supplier Audits, and Process Validation
- New product introduction system and new product line extension system
- Statistical techniques.
- Design for assembly/manufacture
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top