- Alajuela, Costa Rica
The Collections Analyst is responsible for performing customer interactions and follow-ups that ensure payments are received as per the established terms and in accordance to the cash collection and aging targets.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
- Make sure payments from their assigned customers are received as per the establish terms.
- Complete the daily worklist, following the appropriate steps of the collection's strategy.
- Timely document, log and escalate unsolved disputes.
- Complete reports on the status of delinquent accounts and related collection efforts.
- In coordination with the Credit Team, take order release/hold decisions.
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with internal customers, including Sales, Customer Service, and any other departments.
- Timely escalate large collection or reconciliation issues.
- Identify and address payment concerns and red flags before they become problems.
- Work with other Invoice to Cash teams to improve processes
- Contribute to accurate customer master data elements
- Maintains documentation to support A/R transactions and facilitate the efficient review and audit of books and records
- Comply with all internal control procedures to ensure accurate financial records.
- Performs other related work as assigned by management
Education & special training:
- Technical degree or at least 2 years of university studies, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience on collections-related systems (SAP, Oracle, Getpaid, or others)
Qualifications & experience:
- 2 - 3 years of relevant experience in a Collections role
Physical & mental requirements:
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and multi-task
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate complicated issues effectively
- Demonstrated ability to perform consistently under varying business pressure as well as ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment
- Effective problem-solving skills
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: 20%
Back to top