Clinical Specialist, Spine Enabling Technologies (Queens, NY)
- New York, NY
Who We Want
Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented salespeople who create a track record of success.
Persuasive influencers. People who understand market positioning and can use their relationship skills and depth of knowledge to secure buy-in, cooperation, and loyalty.
Organized self-starters. Persistent salespeople who create and maintain precise inventory control to ensure they can initiate the implementation of a solution with the proper product or tool.
Mission-driven salespeople. Fiercely intense representatives who work whatever hours necessary to live out their purpose of changing people's lives and making healthcare better.
What You Will Do
The Spine Enabling Technologies Clinical Specialist will provide clinical product support to all end users and provide on-site guidance and assistance during surgical procedures. Provide training, ongoing in-services, and customer education to assigned account(s). Work within accounts to maximize the use of the Enabling Technologies product line, by ensuring customer confidence in our technology through consistent procedural performance. Develop, implement and enhance all resources necessary to properly service our customers and technology.
- Provide surgeons and operating room staff with training and Clinical/Technical support in the operation of the company's navigation technologies, associated equipment and instruments to insure procedural efficiency.
- Use proprietary software to prepare pre-operative scans for use in conjunction with the company's Enabling Technologies system, assists surgeon in preoperative planning and intra-operative guidance.
- Train physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, radiology and central sterile processing on the use of the navigation system, instruments, disposables and software applications.
- Provide prompt and accurate complaint reports per the requirements of Stryker Enabling Technologies quality system.
- Solve product problems for customers in an expeditious manner.
- Provide case coverage at accounts.
- Support the development and execution of the sales plan as well as grow the utilization of the navigation technologies by increasing volume with current and potential surgeons.
- Actively sell the clinical benefits of the products, and build strong, positive relationships with key surgeons and OR staff at targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales Representatives and Marketing to increase communication around product performance.
- Obtain purchase orders for products consumed during surgical procedures and maintains and tracks case coverage purchase orders for services provided.
- Partner with other cross functional teams in selling the clinical benefits of the company's products, drive continuous account growth and case volume.
- May direct product evaluations in OR and office settings
- Identifies and executes opportunities to participate in cross-divisional labs for product education
- Support the conversion of competitive doctors to use Stryker Enabling Technologies products
- Possible off-hours, weekends, and holidays to support business needs
- This role will primarily be based in Jamaica, Queens but will require candidates to have the ability to travel within the greater NYC area in support of business needs
What You Will Need
Qualifications/Work Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Sales and/or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fundamental Computer Skills
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to review printed materials
- Must be able to communicate effectively with large groups of people
- Must be able to use common office equipment and software application (e.g. PC, word, excel, scanning, etc.)
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine sales issues using independent judgment
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which may affect immediate sales operations and have a divisional effect
- Must be able to quickly resolve complex challenges that occur in a dynamic environment
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Coworkers committed to achieving more and winning the right way
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
In February 2020, Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) announced that for the tenth consecutive year has been named as one of the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking 8 out of 100. Some of our other awards include Great Places to Work for Inclusion, Women, Millennials, and Diversity. See full list of our awards here: https://www.stryker.com/us/en/about/awards/awards.html
Work From Home: Field-based
Travel Percentage: 30%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top