Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
Who we want
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
Subject matter experts. Managers who not only oversee the collection, review, and analysis of data but can interpret, translate, and present on all various matters as needed
What you will do
The role has accountability and responsibility for generating high quality statistical demand forecasts for the region utilizing the corporate demand planning system (Demantra). The individual must be able to understand large volumes of data, leverage statistical modeling, advanced data analysis, detecting patters in data, and build the most suitable forecast for the region.
The individual will collaborate with the in-country demand planning market experts in the region to further improve and optimize key brands and SKUs as required by the local business. The individual will maximize system capability by collaborating with the demand management center of excellence and the central forecasting team who are the subject matter experts in system governance and training.
The role will be responsible for developing and analysing regional forecasts trends, insights, gaps, KPls, opportunities and risks in the forecast projections to drive the right collaboration with the in-country demand planning market experts and only make value added adjustments.
- Create and maintain high quality statistical demand forecasts for the region using the corporate demand planning system, Demantra
- Develop and continuously improve statistical forecast quality and build strong relationships with regional / in-country demand planning market experts
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and the ability to advocate for and translate those into forecasting practices where appropriate
- Outline clear recommendations on statistical excellence in forecast vs value add intelligence for the regional planning teams
- Understand the link between plan & actuals, analyse variations and partner with the business to define future growth plans
- Perform an analytical review of performance vs budgets and forecasts with recommendations of improvements going forward
- Develop and provide the advanced metrics review, forecast analysis etc. to regional planning teams and highlight gaps / risks to drive the correct behavior of demand overrides and improve the demand planning process performance
- Independently troubleshoot demand signal exceptions
- Develop in-depth business understanding of major products by region and by franchise
- Provide simulation and scenario planning capabilities to the regional planning teams
- Develop risk analysis based on forecast accuracy and bias in the forecast signal
- Design analytical capability to support optimization needs across the supply chain in relation to demand planning and forecasting.
- Capable of being a thought partner showing creativity in solving problems and the ability to appropriately communicate and escalate as needed to management
- Preparing internal management reports for executive leadership and supporting their decision making
- Achieve or exceed the forecasting goals and KPI targets, supporting corporate/department goals
- Capable of working on cross-functional/divisional projects to improve statistical and demand forecast signals
What you Need
Professional Requirements Required:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Analytics / Data science certifications preferred
- Fluency in English. Fluency in a second language at international divisions is a plus.
- Excellent, demonstrated quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of applying statistical principles to improve results
Background Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in statistical forecasting methods, using Demantra, SAP IBP or proprietary tools.(especially Demantra, DM & AFDM modules)
- Hands on forecasting and analytics experience with generating forecast, and how to tune and adjust models for better outcomes
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exhibits a structured problem-solving mindset
- Experience working across teams in a matrix organization a plus
- Business experience in product industry, and working with large and diverse product portfolio a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and work with global stakeholders (as needed).
- S&OP / Integrated Business Planning knowledge is a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
Hiring Manager to reference Integrated Planning competency and skill framework
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/