Lead Software Development Consultant
Stride Consulting is a mission-driven, engineering-centric company composed of non-dogmatic engineers with a passion for learning. We don’t answer to a board of directors or investors who need to make a return. We are in control of our growth, and can do so at a pace that sustains our culture and prioritizes the happiness of our employees.
We’re seeking team members who place a high importance on continuous learning and value diversity in people and thought. We’re looking for Striders - people who want to make a positive impact on the lives of technologists in New York City.
As a Lead Developer at Stride, you will lead co-located consulting engagements and collaborate with clients and Striders to ship valuable, mission-critical software. You will advise the client on technology, communicating trade-offs and choosing the right stack for the problem. You will coach teammates, guide teams, and advise client stakeholders on strengthening their development process and code quality. You will architect solutions, ship code, guide teams to clear standards, appropriate patterns, and best practices in code and in processes. You will mentor fellow Striders, teaching and guiding them on how to do their job with compassion, consistency, and professionalism.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Communicate trade-offs and work with Striders and client teams to predictably ship value.
- Continuously improve your own practices and elevate the skills of other Striders and client teams through teamwork and candid feedback.
- Build things that last, with low defect rates, downtime, and maintenance.
- Doing right by the client by prioritizing their goals and long-term success - this means not always doing what the client wants.
- Strive for clarity and simplicity in solutions to make a real impact, even in ambiguous situations.
What You Bring to the Team
- 7 + years of experience as a professional developer
- 4 + years of experience in one or more of the following: Java, Node, Python, and/or Ruby
- 2 + years of experience with AWS, GCP or similar cloud environments
- 1 + years of experience leading teams, pods, or squads of developers
- Experience implementing agile and XP best practices
- Passion for solving complex problems with the simplest solutions
- Experience working with internal and/or client stakeholders
- Experience communicating and making technical trade-offs
- Experience negotiating trade-offs, scope, and timeline with business-facing teammates
Stride Consulting is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Stride Consulting is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top