Wireless Mobility Technician
About Strategic Mobility Group
Strategic Mobility Group (SMG3) is an enterprise mobility systems integrator founded on the simple principle of helping today’s workforce be more productive. Our clients consist of businesses that engage in the tracking and tracing of assets in warehousing, manufacturing, retail, or field service environments. Whether it involves data collection and wireless tracking in a warehouse setting, scheduling and routing people or products in a field setting, or other unique enterprise mobility requirements, SMG3’s consultants help design and implement a 360 solution that meets their needs. Helping businesses improve operational efficiencies and ROI through the use of innovative technology is what we’re all about. It’s why many of the Fortune 500 companies choose SMG3 to manage their enterprise mobility needs. We employ a team of bright, hard-working, tenacious professionals who have contributed to our tremendous growth. In addition, we’ve been nominated by the American Business Association as “Best New Tech Company,” have received Motorola’s Empower Circle Award two years in a row for quadrupling our sales goals and our customer service . We’re looking for a talented Wireless Mobility Technician to help us catapult to even higher levels of sales. Come work with us if you feel you’re that person! We offer a friendly, comfortable work atmosphere; competitive benefits and room for professional advancement. Learn more about Strategic Mobility Group at www.strategicmobility.com
Essential Functions / Job Responsibilities:
The wireless mobility engineer will report to the Professional Services Director. The candidate will travel to client sites as well as help them over the phone to perform wireless network site surveys, assessments and designs. The assessment process will involve interaction with all levels at our client sites. Excellent written and verbal communications are required. The ideal candidate will have strong wireless networking knowledge and also familiarity with wired networks, protocols and communications. The position may also include the configuration, deployment and installation the wireless network
• Setting up Access Points (APs)
• Routing and switching
• Performing surveys
• 1-2 years of designing, implementing, and operating wireless networks
• Strong ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks and work collaboratively with specialists on advanced wireless solutions.
• IPv4 and IPv6 experience – support and implementation.
• Packet capture and analysis experience (Sniffer, Wireshark, etc.).
• Good wireless network design and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Cisco Prime and ISE configuration and monitoring a plus
• Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration and administration a plus.
• Troubleshoots wireless network problems.
• Strong VLAN, SVLAN, IP subnetting knowledge and understanding.
• Monitoring, alerting, logging and error checking of LANWAN devices.
• Experience with Visio for documenting network configuration or design.
• Operates independently the majority of the time.
• Ability to present identified risk items to technical and non-technical clients
• Utilize Sales Force system to track and process requests for service
• Complete reports and deliver to customer in a timely manner
• Travel is required
What We Offer
We are pleased to offer a competitive base salary and generous commission program, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and 401(k) plan.
Back to top