Wireless Mobility Technician
About Strategic Mobility Group
Strategic Mobility Group (SMG3) is an enterprise mobility systems integrator founded on the simple principle of helping today’s workforce be more productive. Our clients consist of businesses that engage in the tracking and tracing of assets in warehousing, manufacturing, retail, or field service environments. Whether it involves data collection and wireless tracking in a warehouse setting, scheduling and routing people or products in a field setting, or other unique enterprise mobility requirements, SMG3’s consultants help design and implement a 360 solution that meets their needs. Helping businesses improve operational efficiencies and ROI through the use of innovative technology is what we’re all about. It’s why many of the Fortune 500 companies choose SMG3 to manage their enterprise mobility needs. We employ a team of bright, hard-working, tenacious professionals who have contributed to our tremendous growth. In addition, we’ve been nominated by the American Business Association as “Best New Tech Company,” have received Motorola’s Empower Circle Award two years in a row for quadrupling our sales goals and our customer service . We’re looking for a talented Wireless Mobility Technician to help us catapult to even higher levels of sales. Come work with us if you feel you’re that person! We offer a friendly, comfortable work atmosphere; competitive benefits and room for professional advancement. Learn more about Strategic Mobility Group at www.strategicmobility.com
Essential Functions / Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing enterprise level customer support via phone, e-mail and web portal. Works with customers to procure mobility devices and equipment, identify, troubleshoot and resolve basic to complex technical and non-technical end user customer questions for all wireless mobility products
- Aptitude with mobile device hardware and related operating systems for equipment manufactured by companies such as Motorola Solutions, Honeywell, Intermec, LXE, Datalogic, Zebra, Datamax O’Neil as well as Windows Mobile & CE, Android, iPhone/iOS.
- Provides basic to highly complex technical support to resolve wireless carrier activation/set up, configuration and usability questions for end customers.
- Troubleshoot hardware and service problems and facilitates carrier support calls as necessary.
- Provides account and billing related support. Completes service cancellations and exception-based service extensions within established client guidelines.
- Resolves customer problems and questions via phone and e-mail.
- Work in a multi shift environment
- Utilize our Ovation ticketing system to track and process requests for service
- Troubleshooting computing and networking issues as well as performing operating systems and software installations within business critical environments.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate product features to customers, prospects and sales team members to help install, maintain, configure, test, document and troubleshoot wireless mobile computers, printers, scanners and other unique technologies used by SMG3’s customers. Candidate should be able to take the many equipment, software and support pieces and clearly present the value added SMG3 solution to customers.
- Recognize customers’ goals and challenges regarding mobile computing equipment as well as networking and infrastructure concepts for warehouse, distribution centers, direct store delivery and other similar environments.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline and a minimum of two years professional work experience with mobile computing, printing, mobile device management and/or similar technology.
- Utilize Sales Force system to track and process requests for service
- Complete reports and deliver to customer in a timely manner
- Travel is required
- College degree plus 1-2 years of experience in a technical support environment preferred.
- Business and Enterprise wireless carrier products/services background highly desired.
- Wireless carrier device activation, deployment and support experience highly preferred.
- Preferred experience with SF system
- Knowledge of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac networks, CWNA certification preferred. Cisco certified as a CCNA, CCDA and/or other related Cisco certification preferred. Working understanding of mobile device management (MDM) software including SOTI, AirWatch and/or Wavelink Avalanche.
- Must possess excellent research, problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and resolve complex technical issues, use common sense, and the ability to think on your feet.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong desire to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Must be a logical thinker and understand the concept of mobility synchronization products and services.
- Must be cautious and thoughtful when remotely accessing a customer' device as a means to troubleshoot.
- Actively engages in continuous improvement recommending content, solutions, or alternative processes that may improve the customer experience or our operational efficiencies.
- Knowledgeable of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to life and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, vaults and all types of geographic locations
What We Offer
We are pleased to offer a competitive base salary and generous commission program, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and 401(k) plan.
Back to top