Sr. Sales Account Manager
An Outside Sales Account Manager is responsible for marketing, promoting and profitably selling products and services to existing and potential customers
Duties and responsibilities
- Makes sales calls at customer sites on a regular basis.
- Seeks out prospective customers/business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships in order to grow profitable sales.
- Stay current on existing and emerging product and technologies.
- Introduces and demonstrates new products to assigned accounts.
- Follows-up on all generated quotations to assure that the customer is being serviced and to document the outcome of the proposed solution.
- Generate profitable sales orders.
- Reports competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
- Maintains ethical, cooperative manufacturer relationships consistent with company image and company goals in the marketplace.
- Cooperates with qualified suppliers to secure mutual business through joint calls.
- Attends product training classes to develop superior product knowledge to handle customer applications.
- Develops an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates, Counter Sales Associates and support personnel; encourages and assists in their training and development when possible.
- Executes sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, assuring a favorable impression of self and the company.
- Maintains a professional/working image in self and work environment including vehicle.
- Completes sales call and expense reports on a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
- Fulfills customer needs for current literature, catalogs, product pricing, etc.
- Assists customers with problem solving, takeoffs, project layout/design and in pricing bills of material and project management.
- Develop and maintain a sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth.
- Implement a sales plan to support sales and profitability goals.
- Coordinates customer returns and completes proper documentation on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties as instructed or required to successfully complete the job.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Detail orientated and accuracy
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
- A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
- Developed knowledge of the industry
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to visit and move around at construction and other work sites, including the ability to maneuver in tight or small places.
- Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
- Outside Territories: Mid Atlantic, Mid-West, Ohio River Valley, Central, East Coast North (PA to MA)
Back to top