- Arlington, VA
Who We Are
Storyblocks is a different kind of content company delivering a fresh approach to meet the creative needs of a new generation of storytellers. Built on the belief that all stories deserve a chance to be told, Storyblocks provides video, audio, images and easy to use creative tools through its unique subscription model. By offering unlimited downloads and continually adding fresh content, Storyblocks challenges the paradigm that your ambitious vision requires deep pockets. We are committed to empowering storytellers by removing creative barriers and democratizing video creation.
Driven by a set of five company core values, our culture is shaped by a love for data, fearless communication, community, zero egos, and everyone emptying the dishwasher (both literally and figuratively). Also, loving dogs. That's pretty important too.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Storyblocks has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.'s Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal, and by the Washingtonian as one of DC’s 50 Great Places to Work.
Who You Are
Storyblocks is looking for a visual designer that can conceptualize and execute marketing campaigns both in-house and through creative partnerships across multiple platforms. You will collaborate closely with the brand, design and product teams to evolve the visual design of our brand and promote consistency across our whole experience.
Visual & Brand Design
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Brand Team to conceptualize and execute marketing and campaign collateral across multiple platforms including email, blog, web, and social.
- Works with Product Designers to implement end to end experiences for our marketing and landing pages from initial ideation, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate concepts and design rationale to project stakeholders.
- Evolve our brand visuals (including illustration, iconography, photography, typography and colors) to achieve consistency across platforms and to align with our brand values.
- Contribute to our growing design system.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, our brand values and how we're setting ourselves apart from other stock media companies.
- Inspire and bring new and emerging ideas to the team.
- Promote internal awareness of brand visual standards through collaboration with the marketing, product design, and brand teams.
- Experienced in using Art Direction and visual design acumen to "level up" concepts and serve as a strategic partner with and for stakeholders.
- Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback on other designer work.
- Communicates workload and adept in shifting priorities + prioritizing tasks based on business impact when necessary.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a visual designer, brand designer, graphic designer, or UI/UX designer.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design work across different mediums along with insight into the process behind the work.
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite, Figma, and open to learning new design tools.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Team player that's willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in where needed.
- Animation or motion graphics experience
What We Bring to the Table
- Virtual Work - Storyblocks has adjusted to the COVID-19 pandemic by creating a flexible, work-from-home environment. We have migrated to a distributed work model and allow employees to choose remote work options that suits their unique situations.
- Competitive and fair compensation: We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical: Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave: Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation: At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options: Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth: We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment: Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen: Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office: We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Storyblocks supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top