Senior Product Designer
- Arlington, VA
Who We Are:
Storyblocks is a different kind of content company delivering a fresh approach to meet the creative needs of a new generation of storytellers. Built on the belief that all stories deserve a chance to be told, Storyblocks provides video, audio, images and easy to use creative tools through its unique subscription model. By offering unlimited downloads and continually adding fresh content, Storyblocks challenges the paradigm that your ambitious vision requires deep pockets. We are committed to empowering storytellers by removing creative barriers and democratizing video creation.
Driven by a set of five company core values, our culture is shaped by a love for data, fearless communication, community, zero egos, and everyone emptying the dishwasher (both literally and figuratively). Also, loving dogs. That's pretty important too.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Storyblocks has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.'s Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal, and by the Washingtonian as one of DC’s 50 Great Places to Work.
Storyblocks has adjusted to the COVID-19 pandemic by creating a flexible, work-from-home environment. All employees are free to work from wherever they like through at least April 2021 (or later depending on vaccine rollouts).
Who You Are:
You have user experience and user interface (UX/UI) expertise to help people around the world tell their stories! From brainstorming the next great product, to tweaking designs right before launch, a Product Designer at Storyblocks is involved in every phase of the product development. Come join a team of designers who are passionate about creating the very best product for Storyblock’s users.
What You'll Do:
- Brainstorm and collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and UX Researchers to understand, identify, and take on complex business requirements and user needs
- Translate concepts into customer flows, journey maps, wireframes, and experiences that are straightforward and beautifully crafted
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for multiple devices
- Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback on other designers work
- Inspire and bring new ideas to the team
- Research customer needs, competitor products, trends, and best practices to take our product to the next level as an industry leader
- Analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and use learnings to inform your designs
- Contribute to an evolving brand and growing design system
- Contribute to high-level strategic conversations with the rest of the product and leadership team
What You Bring to the Table:
- A strong online portfolio of UX or product design work
- 3+ years of user experience or product design experience
- 2+ years of visual design experience
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, and learning new design tools
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Interaction design experience
- Strategic product thinking and vision experience
- Experience contributing to a design system, UX research methodologies, A/B testing, as well as designing for subscription products
- Experience working as a Designer embedded in a cross-functional team with Engineers and Product Managers
- Continued excitement to be part of a fun and close-knit team, always learning and collaborating with other designers to deliver a unified user experience
What We Bring To The Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation - We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical - Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave - Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation - At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth - We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment - Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen - Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office - We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Storyblocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Back to top