Sales Development Representative
Storyblocks is a subscription-based stock media service focused on empowering the creative community. We offer a suite of content - video, audio, and images - to fuel our mission of helping our customers create more moving stories. Storyblocks helps digital storytellers unlock their creative potential by providing beautiful stock videos, images, and music that fit with any budget. We are a member-driven company, serving over 200,000 content creators that range from prosumers to SMBs to studios and Fortune 500 brands. Our members can subscribe to our video, image or music libraries, or any combination of the three, to ensure they are able to be brilliant on any budget.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who brings exceptional commercial and analytical skills to join our team in the Washington, DC area. Storyblocks has very ambitious goals for 2020 and beyond and you will join a fast paced, scrappy, and creative team to help move the company and the industry forward!
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an entry-level position with one specific focus: creating activities and opportunities for our Business Development Managers to close business. This is a role that is very heavily focused on prospecting, cold calling and the use of effective email communication strategies.
The ideal candidate has an innate ability to qualify and influence prospects over the phone and email. Our SDR will be a self-starter, professionally aggressive, well organized, and motivated to grow and succeed. There is significant growth opportunity that comes with this role as our sales organization continues to grow and evolve.
What You'll Do:
- Passion for practicing the art and science of sales at one of the fastest growing startups in the Washington, DC metro area
- Consistently hit and exceed activity targets
- Partner with potential customers from the content creation software and film and TV production industry to understand their content needs and prescribe appropriate solutions
- Educate and qualify leads via phone and email to create sales-ready opportunities
- Provide weekly/monthly activity metrics
- Manage your time and effectively prioritize to exceed monthly and quarterly “Pitch” goals
- Track prospecting and lead management activities in Salesforce.com
- Proactively look for new opportunities to improve and optimize end-to-end lead-to-close funnel
- Research and report customer feedback and industry trends to internal stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing,)
- Be a great teammate!
What You Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS from a leading College/University
- 1 year of B2B sales experience with consistent overperformance against plan
- Experience in a creative commercial market a plus
- Direct experience as a front-line user in Salesforce.com
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, and objection handling skills
- Superior communications skills - both verbal and written
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical thinker
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
- Ready for everything, can do anything!
What We Bring To The Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation - We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical - Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave - Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation - At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options - Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth - We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment - Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen - Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office - We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Storyblocks supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top