Sales Development Representative
Storyblocks is a stock media company that empowers digital storytellers by providing affordable and high quality creative content via a subscription-based service. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, we have launched two additional properties focused on images (https://www.storyblocks.com/stock-image/) and audio (www.audioblocks.com) with similar subscription models.
Storyblocks is changing the stock media industry by bringing content to creators, directly where they work. While our company started with humble beginnings (we literally used to sell DVD’s of stock content from the back of an RV), we always knew there was a better way.
Our content is now featured in major motion pictures, Grammy Award winning music videos, broadcast television, and in the leading content creation applications and social media platforms.
We’re changing the stock media industry for the better and improving the way that customers find and buy content. Our Enterprise Division will grow by ~100% in 2019 and we’re looking for smart, determined, and creative talent to join our team and help us change the stock media industry!
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who brings exceptional commercial and analytical skills to join our team in the Washington, DC area. Storyblocks has very ambitious goals for 2019 and beyond and you will join a fast paced, scrappy, and creative team to help move the company and the industry forward!
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an entry-level position with one specific focus: creating activities and opportunities for our Business Development Managers to close business. This is a role that is very heavily focused on prospecting, cold calling and the use of effective email communication strategies.
The ideal candidate has an innate ability to qualify and influence prospects over the phone and email. Our SDR will be a self-starter, professionally aggressive, well organized, and motivated to grow and succeed. There is significant growth opportunity that comes with this role as our sales organization continues to grow and evolve.
- Passion for practicing the art and science of sales at one of the fastest growing startups in the Washington, DC metro area
- Consistently hit and exceed activity targets
- Partner with potential customers from the content creation software and film and TV production industry to understand their content needs and prescribe appropriate solutions
- Educate and qualify leads via phone and email to create sales-ready opportunities
- Provide weekly/monthly activity metrics
- Manage your time and effectively prioritize to exceed monthly and quarterly “Pitch” goals
- Track prospecting and lead management activities in Salesforce.com
- Proactively look for new opportunities to improve and optimize end-to-end lead-to-close funnel
- Research and report customer feedback and industry trends to internal stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing,)
- Be a great teammate!
Desired Applicant Experience:
- BA/BS from a leading College/University
- 1 year of B2B sales experience with consistent overperformance against plan
- Experience in a creative commercial market a plus
- Direct experience as a front-line user in Salesforce.com
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, and objection handling skills
- Superior communications skills - both verbal and written
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical thinker
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
- Ready for everything, can do anything!
- A casual, fun and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers (and puppies!)
- Competitive salary, variable compensation, and benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance paid 100% of monthly premiums by the Company
- Flexible work hours with unlimited vacation
- Free gym membership, optional table tennis training program
Back to top