- Arlington, VA
Who We Are:
Storyblocks is a different kind of content company delivering a fresh approach to meet the creative needs of a new generation of storytellers. Built on the belief that all stories deserve a chance to be told, Storyblocks provides video, audio, images and easy to use creative tools through its unique subscription model. By offering unlimited downloads and continually adding fresh content, Storyblocks challenges the paradigm that your ambitious vision requires deep pockets. We are committed to empowering storytellers by removing creative barriers and democratizing video creation.
Driven by a set of five company core values, our culture is shaped by a love for data, fearless communication, community, zero egos, and everyone emptying the dishwasher (both literally and figuratively).
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Storyblocks has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.'s Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal, and by the Washingtonian as one of DC’s 50 Great Places to Work.
Who You Are:
You are a full-stack engineer who loves DevOps, infrastructure, and building internal tools. You are eager to work closely with other engineering teams to understand what will make developing software easier, and using that knowledge to design and develop and implement internal tools and services. Not only are you at the forefront of new tech like Kubernetes, Terraform, or AWS Fargate but you also enjoy teaching others about it and spreading the DevOps gospel. You enjoy working in a rapidly moving microservices environment where resilience and scalability are key requirements.
What you will do:
- Harness DevOps skills to improve software development, operations, and stability
- Profile and tune the performance of applications and services and provide visibility into system limits and scaling needs
- Build internal tools and systems to improve overall engineering productivity, velocity, and reduce operational overhead
- Collaborate effectively with other engineering teams to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work closely with our QA team to automate manual processes
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience working as an SRE, DevOps, or equivalent role
- 2+ years of experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing and scaling infrastructure using Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with application monitoring tools like DataDog and NewRelic
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- You thrive when taking on big challenges and lots of autonomy
bonus points if:
- You have some knowledge of PHP, NodeJS, or Scala
- You are familiar with Ansible and Jenkins
- You have experience designing and deploying microservices
- You have general knowledge in Security, Release Engineering, or QA
What We Bring to the Table:
- Virtual Work - Storyblocks has adjusted to the COVID-19 pandemic by creating a flexible, work-from-home environment. We have migrated to a distributed work model and allow employees to choose remote work options that suits their unique situations.
- Competitive and fair compensation - We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical - Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave - Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. Additionally, we have a dedicated private nursing room available to new parents.
- Unlimited vacation - At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options - Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth - We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment - Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen - Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office - We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Storyblocks supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top