Business Development Manager
Who We Are:
Storyblocks is a subscription-based stock media service focused on empowering the creative community. We offer a suite of content - video, audio, and images - to fuel our mission of helping our customers create more moving stories. Storyblocks helps digital storytellers unlock their creative potential by providing beautiful stock videos, images, and music that fit with any budget. We are a member-driven company, serving over 200,000 content creators that range from prosumers to SMBs to studios and Fortune 500 brands. Our members can subscribe to our video, image or music libraries, or any combination of the three, to ensure they are able to be brilliant on any budget.
Who You Are:
With a growth of over 100% year over year, Storyblocks is looking to double its Enterprise Sales team with the best in class sales professionals in the DC Metro area. We are looking for Business Development Managers who bring exceptional commercial, analytical, and creative problem solving skills to our already high-performing team. A BDM (aka the closer) at Storyblocks works hand in hand with a Sales Development Rep (or, prospector) to drive results by closing new business deals for one of our three Enterprise verticals- Fortune 500, Broadcast and Media, or, API Integration.
Storyblocks has very aggressive goals for 2020 and beyond, and we truly believe in funding and investing in our Enterprise sales efforts. If you’re excited to join a fast paced, scrappy, and innovative sales team, then look no further.
What You'll Do:
- Execute the art and science of sales at one of the fastest growing startups in the Washington, DC metro area
- Consistently hit, no, demolish expected revenue targets
- Partner with potential customers from the content creation software, film, and tv production industry to understand their content needs and prescribe appropriate business solutions
- Research and report customer feedback and industry trends to internal stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing,)
What You Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of Sales / Account Management experience with a proven track record of developing opportunities, managing pipeline, and hitting numbers
- Superior Commercial Skills: internal and external communication, ability to close deals, understanding of sales cycle and process, and experience with CRM systems
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and consultative sales acumen
- Proven experience offering outcomes based, insightful, and strategic insight to client and prospected businesses
- BA / BS from a leading University
- Inclination to partner with SDRs to build robust opportunity and pipeline numbers
- Knowledge of the stock industry, including licensing and indemnification
- High degree of self motivation and drive
- Experience with and knowledge of content creation software and applications such as Adobe, AVID, Giphy, Apple Pro, a plus
- Relationships within and knowledge of the TV and film production industry, preferred
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
What We Bring To The Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation - Our investments in our Enterprise efforts start with our people , and that means that performance is met with an incredibly robust compensation package! For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical - Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave - Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation - At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options - Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth - We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment - Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen - Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office - We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Storyblocks supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top