Introducing the world’s first gift card for stock! For the first time ever, you can buy $25, $50, and $100 Stockpile gift cards off the gift card rack at stores like OfficeMax, K-Mart, Safeway, and ToysRUs, or send e-gifts up to $1000 from our website (stockpile.com
) or mobile app. You can also buy fractional shares of stock for yourself, and soon, you’ll be able to redeem rewards points for stock and much more!
Stockpile’s mission is to democratize stock ownership. 86% of the population has never had a chance to own stock because it’s intimidating and expensive, but it doesn’t have to be that way! We’ve broken down the barriers to stock ownership by building our own fractional shares platform and partnering with Fortune 500 companies to bring the stock market to you, whether you’re grocery shopping or doing your mobile banking. We’re also partnering with nonprofits to promote financial literacy and empowerment so anyone around the world, of any age or income level, can invest for their future.
Based in Palo Alto, Stockpile is venture-backed, and our team comes from companies like Facebook, PayPal, and E*Trade. We’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Consumer Reports, and many others. We’re building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission, and would love to talk to you!
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
We’re looking for someone to design innovative and engaging user interfaces alongside our engineering team at our Palo Alto office. You will work on a variety of projects and deliverables across our entire product portfolio, including the Stockpile web site, mobile apps, advertising, and printed materials. You’ll get to work in a creative environment that pushes you to learn and grow. You should work well under pressure and be able to keep deadlines in a fast-moving work environment. A passion for illustration and attention to detail are a must. You'll have the freedom to create designs you’re passionate about and own the entire look and feel of the Stockpile brand.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Define innovative and engaging user interfaces for the Stockpile website and mobile apps
- Create illustrations and visual design elements used throughout Stockpile’s public facing content
- Maintain a UI style guide and component library for user interfaces
- Create user flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Understand usability principles that help drive successful designs
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- 3+ years of UI design experience
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong visual design skills and innovative work
- Ability to create illustrations that match Stockpile’s branding
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, user flows, and process flows
- Proficiency in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or other visual design tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to produce multiple UX/UI concepts along with clickable prototypes
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working directly with developers and technical teams
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf