Warehouse Operations Specialist
- New York, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Perform the daily functions associated with interfacing with clients of the Mortgage Warehouse Lending Group. This includes, but not limited to, the daily funding, shipment, repayment of loan advances and cash reconciliation through highly automated systems and working to ensure compliance with established a nd approved operating procedures. Embrace and deliver Sterling National Bank's brand values and core competencies in everyday interaction. Exhibits ethical behavior in everyday business conduct.
- Receive, review and recommend the funding of loan funding advance requests in conformance with credit approved eligibility guidelines in a specified timeline. Notify management in a timely manner of any issues or exceptions.
- Receive and review both shipping and payoff instructions from clients for processing within time defined specifications. Interact with custodian to address any problems or issues and ensure compliance with operational policies and guidelines.
- Manage the receipt, review and approval of loan funding advance requests in conformance with credit approved eligibility guidelines in a specified timeline. Use both detective and preventive processes to identify potential loans that need additional diligence prior to funding and ensure all processes are SOX compliant.
- Review, apply, and reconcile appropriate credits and debits for approved clients within the Firm's cash management system. Then cross reference the data with department operations systems for validity.
- Address any Client issues regarding funding, shipping or payoffs and respond to inquiries about delays or problems in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Interact with Account Officers, Credit, Management and IT to set up new accounts, modify existing accounts and identify improvements for process controls and efficiencies.
- Creation of Daily and Monthly Departmental Reporting.
- Assist in client on-boarding and training.
- On-going monitoring of client contractual obligations.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
Who We Want
- 2 year college or equivalent
- Ability to work in a high transaction volume operation
- Basic knowledge of mortgage documentation
- Excellent Interpersonal/Communication
- End-user computing with mortgage related software
- Computer proficiency with MS Office software
- Working knowledge of mortgage operations or warehouse lending experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting/book keeping
- Effective time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top