Senior Technology Risk Analyst
- Yonkers, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Please Note: Will Train RELEVANT candidate with a Technology-Risk Background
Responsible for providing 2nd line guidance, oversight, and challenge of technology, digital, OR data activities as it relates to the Bank's Operational Risk Management (ORM) Program. Executes a broad array of duties by leveraging Operational Risk Management program tools to assist business units in identifying and managing operational risk imbedded within business, digital, information technology, information security and compliance processes. Provides second line of defense oversight of technology services, digital, OR data management processes. Directly supports the Bank's Operational Risk Program Manager when executing these duties.
Responsible for performing risk oversight and reviews on new and existing business processes/products/services, strategic partnerships, analyzing business processes; reviewing preventive and detective control systems; reviewing risk measurements; evaluating control operating and design effectiveness; identifying potential/actual losses; analyzing root cause analysis; monitoring issues and action plans related to technology services, digital, and data management. Continually contributes to improved data and enhanced reporting to management and the Board.
The incumbent ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and with the bank's policies and procedures, along with the related oversight of the ORM Program in an effort to reduce liability and risk related issues to the bank. The Senior Technology Risk Analyst exhibits ethical behavior and integrity in their everyday business conduct.
(WILL TRAIN RELEVANT CANDIDATE!)
- Partner with appropriate department leaders within and outside Operational Risk Management to analyze and enhance the effectiveness of business unit controls to prevent operational control breakdowns that lead to unexpected outcomes and / or operational losses.
- Identifies and designs appropriate monitoring mechanisms to evidence, measure, and control the Bank's level of technology, digital, and data services risk. Make recommendations to enhance controls and management reporting in technology, digital, and data management
- Develop and implement oversight of technology service, digital, and data management functions and processes. Act as liaison between Risk and these functions. Monitor resolution of self-identified issues as well as audit and regulatory findings in these areas.
- Supports the development of new (and modifications to existing) products, services, strategic partnerships, processes and systems and provides risk management guidance as to applicable control environment requirements and process changes related to technology services and vendor risks. This duty requires interaction with multiple impacted Departments, including other Risk partners such as, Compliance, BSA and Legal.
- WILL TRAIN> Instrumental member of the team in using the Bank's applications designed to support the following: ERM, ORM, Loss events, Issues, Root Cause Analysis, Key Risk Indicator, vendor oversight and operational controls testing. This includes development, testing, validating functionality and populating the applications with accurate data.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures focusing on technology services and vendor management.
Who We Want
- 5 years financial industry experience or related experience.
- 6 - 8 years' experience in Risk Management, with a focus on Technology Services, Digital, and Data Management and operating control environments or related experience.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Risk Management or similar. Specific knowledge of Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) Guidance, Financial Services Sector Coordinating Council (FSSCC), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Digital Analytics Association Standards, Data and Marketing Association Standards, Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) risk management requirements related to information security, information technology, and cybersecurity
- Knowledge of banking products and services, a command of risk disciplines with a focus on technology services and vendor management disciplines.
- Ability to build and expand trusting relationships and partnerships.
- Results oriented with proven record of delivering high quality results to strict deadlines.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top