Senior Manager User Interface & Design
- New York, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary by bringing new ideas and innovation to Sterling National Bank's Digital Solutions Group. As someone with a passion for visual and interactive design, you will be an integral part of creating intuitive, User-centered digital experiences, and establishing look, feel, and interactivity across all of our digital products.
As Senior Manager, User Interface (UI) Designer, you will report to the VP, Director of User Experience and collaborate with senior and technical stakeholders to define, design, and implement innovative digital solutions and experiences. You'll collect quantitative and qualitative data to drive your design decisions and produce wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and detailed style and interaction notes to demonstrate your thinking and design vision.
UI Design and Development
- Collaborate with VP, Director of UX, business, and technical stakeholders to identify opportunities to refine User journeys, flows, and components.
- Define and design the details of micro-interactions, transitions, affordances, legibility, and other interface-level elements within the context of the larger product vision and overall UX.
- Create sketches, prototypes, wireframes, interaction assets, and other visual guides so others can visually understand design direction.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure designs are implemented to spec.
Research, Discovery, and Validation
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to define design needs
- Develop and implement research approach to drive design recommendations.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and design UI enhancements for new and existing digital experiences.
- Draft and conduct usability research to inform design optimization.
- Test and verify that business objectives and User requirements are being met and designs are providing an optimal experience.
Team Accountability and Project Management
- Educate the Organization on the value of design, UI trends, and digital best practices
- Develop, organize, and maintain visual design systems
- Create presentations to update stakeholders on project status
Who We Want
- 3-5 Years experience designing User interface solutions for mobile-first responsive design.
- 3-5 Years experience working with and contributing to digital design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries.
- Knowledge of web standards, accessibility standards, CSS, HTML, native app development standards, and working with development teams in order to translate creative concepts into user-friendly products and services.
- Experience conducting usability testing and User research.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Generate concept sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to present intuitive, consistent, and clear solutions to User problems.
- Principles of layout, visual hierarchy, color theory, and graphic UI standards guide your work.
- Expert knowledge of design tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq (or similar prototyping, wireframing, and design systems) and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- A deep understanding of UI design principles and best practices across platforms (web and mobile).
- Great Communication Skills - Strong communications, both verbally and written. Good at working with both technology subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Other Attributes - flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top