Senior Financial Analyst
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Sterling National Bank is looking for someone to perform a wide variety of tasks such as financial modeling, liquidity and capital forecasting, investment analysis, cash flow analysis, interest margin analysis, deposit rate pricing, and asset/liability management. In this position, you will present findings to management and formulate recommendations about current or future asset/liability management strategies. You will provide position reports for liquidity, loans and deposits, net interest margin, and the investment portfolio. Additionally, you will design, implement and deliver financial reporting.
- Develop the annual Liquidity Stress Testing scenarios and present the scenarios to Liquidity Sub Committee for approval. Complete the monthly Liquidity Stress Test and scenario analysis through utilizing various economic factors and estimates and macro and micro level assumptions.
- Prepare the Quarterly Earnings Call highlights package for the Chief Financial Officer to include but not limited to changes in the balance sheet and their effects on liquidity, funding, and asset-liability management.
- Prepare Investment Portfolio Reports from Yieldbook monthly for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and review backup information for financial schedules, footnotes and other financial data for submission to the Board of Directors, management, the SEC and other regulatory agencies. Compile and review supporting documentation for these submissions.
- Provide backup and support to Treasury personnel in the completion of monthly Asset/Liability modeling, including, but not limited to, providing the analytical and technical functions for Asset/Liability Management.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly Management ALCO Package inclusive of schedules which monitor the Bank's adherence to both internal and regulatory liquidity and interest rate risk management guidelines.
- Manage the preparation the Quarterly ALCO Report for the ERC Meeting through the collection and aggregation of material from previous monthly Management ALCO Packages, financial and regulatory reporting, and intradepartmental sources.
- Manage Production of Investment Safekeeping Reconcilement in which the IPA investment database report is compared to all custodial safekeeping records.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- For this position, you must have at least 4 years of experience Asset/Liability Management and financial modeling.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Understanding of asset and liability instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and strong analytical skills (verbal and written communication).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Exceptional problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top