Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in the financial services industry and experience a high performing, team-oriented environment. We are looking for a dynamic Senior Client Service Representative who embraces the company's vision and strategy. As a Senior Client service Representative, you will provide exceptional problem resolution, customer service, and guidance to our clients and representatives; while meeting team goals and service level agreements. For this opportunity, you must possess strong skills in technology, ability to multi-task as well as exhibit strong prioritization and organizational skills in an evolving and fast paced environment. You will have an opportunity to develop and foster internal and external relationships in order to anticipate both client and colleague needs, educate on the latest benefits of banking with Sterling National Bank and deliver on our commitment of providing extraordinary customer service. In this fast-paced setting, you will utilize your skills to quickly identify client issues, provide solutions and escalate when needed to ensure both internal and external clients receive excellence in service.
Aspects of this role will be comprised of working in collaboration with financial centers, business and private banking teams and other operational departments, to ensure that we support a service to sales atmosphere that is focused on solidifying strong internal and external client relationships. You will support sales initiatives aimed at leveraging products/services to identify the opportunity to increase deposits and client relationships through referrals to various business partners; ensuring the bank's policies, procedures and controls are implemented to protect the bank against monetary loss.
- Deliver the highest quality service and strengthen client relationships by representing the Sterling Standards of Service with every client interaction. Ensure these standards are adhered to on each interaction (phone calls, emails, social media, client complaints). Strive for "First Call Resolution" with each client contact and assist CSRs to do the same. Ensure that Customer Service Representatives (CSR) meet Service Level Agreements; by minimizing time spent in the "Not Ready" state and ensuring maximum agent occupancy. Ensure optimal coverage to manage inbound calls, minimize client wait time and oversee AUX times relative to special projects, and/or training and client research efforts.
- Receive inbound internal escalated calls from CSRs. Identify issues/trends and escalate to the appropriate area as needed, assist representatives with their inquiries by asking probing questions and providing clear and concise instruction. Collaborate in training and education of CSRs to ensure quality, compliance and excellence in customer service is attained.
- In conjunction with the Quality Assurance Team, perform monthly call quality monitoring consisting of call observation and client interaction, usage of applications and tools, adherence to policy and procedure. Provide feedback to agents independently in a timely manner and communicate coaching provided to Quality Assurance Team. Senior CSRs will lend a hand in supporting CSR technology needs as well as demonstrate the ability to quickly learn, grasp and support new technology. At a minimum, SR CSRs should demonstrate proficiency with utilizing all of the systems and/or core applications needed to support the Contact Center.
- Ability to independently make decisions and evaluate risks. Continue to grow and develop knowledge and expertise relative to new non-phone functions listed with focus on quality, client engagement and response times. Ability to multi-task current and assigned duties. Ability to identify and report on trends and escalate where appropriate.
- Follow all Sterling National Bank policies, compliance and procedures as they relate to communication, accuracy and timely response to internal/external clients, leadership and alike.
Who We Want
- At least 3 years customer service banking experience preferred
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays and extended hours.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver service excellence and familiar with service to sales techniques, including outbound calling.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish credibility and rapport, excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Other Attributes - flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; outstanding ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to effortlessly to get to the bottom of an issue; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Team player with an ability to positively affect team interactions and goals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite, internet browsers, devices and other computer software and technologies.
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be open to a flexible schedule and available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.