Senior BSA Risk Officer
- Yonkers, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
At Sterling, we look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individual who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need you to meet our demands for success.
- Evaluate new initiatives, products and services for assigned business lines to determine the level of BSA, AML & OFAC risk.
- Consult with senior management to recommend enhanced controls, policies, procedures, systems and training required to mitigate applicable AML and Sanctions risks and work the the business line to implement and document recommendations.
- Understand business line challenges and work in conjunction with the business line to implement change.
- Monitor and interpret BSA, AML & OFAC industry developments and maintain advanced knowledge of new and amended laws and regulations impacting the Programs and Risk Assessments, and offer training with key bank personnel as appropriate.
- Manage the activities of BSA Risk analysts to ensure assigned tasks are adequately planned, measured and monitored.
- Develop, implement and coordinate BSA, AML & OFAC risk training for the Bank.
- On a routine basis, prepare reports that will be used by various oversight committees to understand BSA risk and other related activities and trends.
- Develop an ongoing, positive relationship with business line contracts.
- Work to develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry best practices and expectations with specific attention to assigned business lines to allow for appropriate levels of oversight.
- Assist with Security BSA Department projects as needed.
Who We Want
- The desire is to attract colleagues with roughly 5 years of experience at large, financial institutions or with the Fintech industry (emerging/disruptive technology, direct banking, real-time payments, etc.). Preferred experiences should include working with teams on the development of new products, tech, payments and control processes and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines and a team of analysts with utmost execution and accountability.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- 5 years of experience working in a large financial institution of Fintech, with an understanding of BSA/AML/OFAC/Financial Crimes or in Internal Audit/Regulatory Oversight/AML compliance or a combination of these areas
- Capable of producing high quality work product and solutions under strict deadlines
- Exposure to interacting and consensus building with executive and senior level management and business lines, as well as developing, supervising and mentoring junior analysts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as knowledge of MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top