Private Banker II
- Long Island, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Sterling National Bank is looking for an experienced Private Banker to act as the "Single Point of Contact" for a select group of affluent clients. In this position, you will manage and develop a portfolio of relationships with target segments that lead to deposit and other revenue generating products and services, including wealth management. You will identify opportunities by following the "CURES" (Connect, Understand, Recommend, Execute, Service) needs-based sales process. The Private Banker will take a lead role in creating an "Extraordinary" client experience and is responsible for helping the Financial Center achieve its sales objectives. You will be responsible for contributing to the team's growth and profitability with extensive focus placed on the managing/growing a book of business, business development and client cross sell activities for the team.
- Act as "Single Point of Contact" for a select group of affluent clients using the "CURES" relationship sales process.
- Develop and maintain book of business through an extensive network of business contacts; manage relationships with affluent clients, prospects and referral sources; utilize customer calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities, as well as sales achievement through CRM and sales tracking systems; generate revenue from these relationships.
- Achieve revenue growth targets for the following categories: deposits; private banking clients; and wealth revenue.
- Utilize lead calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities and sales achievement on CRM
- Support the Managing Director in growing, retaining and deepening client relationships.
- Build client relationship building utilizing methods outlined in our playbooks; responsible for relationship review, problem resolution, presentation of alternative solutions and interpretation of numbers, trends and data to make effective decisions.
- Maximize the team profitability by working to enhance sales skills and product knowledge in the Financial Center.
- Participate in outside organizations and the community in order to develop strategic partnerships and alliances; analyze current and future competitors.
- May perform as: Notary; Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Other accountabilities as assigned
Who We Want
- For this position, you must have at least 6 years of financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following areas: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting and networking.
- Investment sales experience strongly preferred.
- FINRA Series 7 and state registration of 65 or 66 required.
- Life & health licenses are required.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top