Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in the financial services industry and experience a high performing, team-oriented environment. We are looking for a dynamic Private Banker who will act as the single point of contact for a select group of affluent clients. In this position, you will manage and develop a portfolio of client relationships within our target segments. As the single point of contact you will listen and understand your clients' needs and recommend banking and wealth solutions to help them meet their financial goals. You will identify opportunities by following Sterling's "CURES" (Connect, Understand, Recommend, Execute, Service) needs-based discovery process.
This role will play an integral part in the achievement of sales and service goals for the financial center. You will take a lead role in creating an extraordinary client experience and will be responsible for helping the Financial Centers you are assigned to achieve their sales objectives. You will be responsible for contributing to the team's growth and profitability with extensive focus placed on managing/growing a Private Banking book of business, business development and client cross sell activities for the team.
- Achieve growth targets for your assigned book of business across the following categories: deposits and wealth revenue.
- Act as single point of contact for a select group of affluent clients using the "CURES" discovery process. Develop and maintain a Private Banking book of business through an extensive network of business contacts; manage relationships with affluent clients, prospects and introduction sources; utilize client calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities, as well as sales achievement through CRM and sales tracking systems; generate revenue from these relationships. Utilize lead calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities and sales achievement on Sterling's CRM tool. Support Business and Private Banking in growing, retaining and deepening client relationships. Build client relationships utilizing methods outlined in our playbooks; responsible for relationship review, problem resolution, presentation of solutions and interpretation of numbers, trends and data to make effective decisions.
- Maximize team profitability by working to enhance sales skills and product knowledge in the Financial Center. Participate in outside organizations and the community in order to develop strategic partnerships and alliances; analyze current and future competitors.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and manage operational risks. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive client information.
- Perform other duties or accountabilities within the Financial Center as assigned to support Business and Private Banking clients. May be required to perform as Notary, Mortgage Loan Originator, Client Service Associate. Identifying and referring mortgage CRA opportunities when appropriate.
Who We Want
- At least at least 6 years of financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following areas: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 (preferred) and state registration of series 63, 65 or series 66 required
- New York State Life & health licenses preferred
- Demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals
- Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours. Travel may be required to alternate Financial Centers.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's and/or Master's) preferred yet a High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting and networking.
- Investment sales experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Other Attributes - flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; outstanding ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top