- Yonkers, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Sterling National Bank is seeking a Personal Banker to manage and develop a portfolio of client relationships within target segments to retain and grow deposits, identify wealth management opportunities as well as generate revenue through the offering of bank products and services. You will identify opportunities by following the CURES (Connect, Understand, Recommend, Execute, Service) sales process and utilizing Client Needs Reviews to document activities and conversations. As a single point of contact, the Personal Banker assumes a lead role in creating an extraordinary client experience and helps the Financial Center achieve its sales and client service objectives.
- Develop and maintain book of business through an extensive network of business contacts; manage relationships with clients, prospects and referral sources; utilize customer calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities, as well as sales achievement through CRM and sales tracking systems; generate revenue from these relationships.
- Act upon opportunities to grow revenue by anticipating client needs, providing services to meet those needs, helping clients connect with other business partners, offering information and sharing resources.
- Assist Managing Director in developing/implementing sales strategies and other bank initiatives to support Financial Center's growth and profitability objectives; responsible for client relationship building through sales processes outlined in our internal playbooks and utilize the tools provided.
- Maximize the team's profitability by working to enhance sales skills and product knowledge in the Financial Center.
- May be required to perform as a Notary, Mortgage Loan Originator, Client Service Associate or an Officer in Charge.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Other accountabilities as assigned
Who We Want
- For this position, 2 years of experience in customer service in financial services setting, including developing current and new client relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources is preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration may be required upon hire.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting and networking.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of bank products and services as well as the financial services industry.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling preferred.
- Strong financial acumen, general knowledge of commercial lending to small businesses.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish credibility and rapport, excellent customer contact skills.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top