Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Loan Processing Manager is responsible for managing a team of Mortgage Processors who are responsible for facilitating the processing and funding of loans within our established loan origination system (Encompass) and ensuring that company and program guidelines, policies and procedures are followed. The manager is also responsible for ensuring that loan documents are prepared compliantly with no variances between signed documents and LOS data. Additionally the manager facilitates the interaction between all interested parties with specific emphasis on the borrower's customer experience. The manager ensures that the processing team achieves and maintains the highest levels of productivity and efficiency within the company prescribed parameters.
- Manage the daily operations of the Processing departments to ensure the highest level of accuracy and turn-around times are achieved. Manage the daily operations of the Processing departments to ensure the highest level of accuracy and turn-around times are achieved he manager provides direction to Loan Processors regarding complex loans/issues; performs quality control checks on randomly selected files to ensure company policies are adhered to. Resolves day-to-day issues, answers questions, and resolves any problems that may arise.
- Oversight of HMDA data accuracy. Responsible for checking all HMDA related fields within the LOS and the LAR. Maintain a good working knowledge of the requirements of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). Stay up-to-date with the bank's lending practices and procedures in order to perform a thorough and accurate comparative loan analysis.
- Ensure full compliance with company policies and procedures, all state and federal regulations. Ensure company's policies/programs are understood and adhered to by all Loan Processors. Identifies potential risk associated but not limited to identity theft, consumer compliance, fair lending, money laundering and consumer privacy. Implements and monitors quality service standards and delivery times with clients and support units. Assists in ensuring that target productivity levels, department goals, and service level standards are achieved and maintained
- Ensure effective pipeline management that will produce quality loan decisions and enhance the customer experience. The Loan Processing Manager assists in establishing and maintaining loan cycle times and customer service levels Provides input to establishing department goals and implements tactics to ensure metrics and/or goals are met or exceeded.
- Assist with projects as required
Who We Want
- For this position, you must 3-5 years management experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Retail and Correspondent delivery channels as well as HMDA.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs such as Home Equity Lines of Credit, 2nd Mortgages, and down payment assistance.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of federal and state guidelines, rules and regulations such as TRID, RESPA, TILA, HMDA, etc.
- Proficient with Encompass.
- Understanding of all compliance regulations and investor guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting/processing functions required
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, customer service, and communication with all parties involved in the loan cycle
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of sales with the ability to handle volume
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Good PC skills
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.