Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary by bringing your energy, new ideas and trendsetting practices to cultivate an exceptional client experience. Reporting to the Managing Director of Payment Services, this key position will lead the execution of the Payment Services quality assurance program to ensure that the Bank and its Vendors are adhering to and providing services that are consistent with the Bank's risk policies and associated regulations. Working as part of team, you will be responsible for onboarding new Banking as a Service (BAAS) clients for both debit and credit card programs. A thorough and working knowledge of Regulation E and Mastercard rules is essential in this role.
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be looked upon to provide quality control oversight to all areas of Payment Services. You must possess strong working knowledge of the card industry and be able to assist clients in that area. You will be expected to develop and execute ongoing quality assurance reviews for the Bank's card vendor as well as our BAAS business partners with a heavy focus on regulatory compliance and risk.
Additional responsibilities include collaboration with the groups Compliance colleagues and serve as the groups point person for all audits and regulatory reviews for all area of Payment Services.
You will support continuous improvement initiatives by actively participating in group discussions and process walks, identifying issues/potential solutions, participating in root cause problem solving sessions and recommending improvements to procedures and processes.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director of Payment Services, develop, maintain, and implement quality assurance processes, procedures, formats, quality standards and corrective action plans.
- Card Services - monitor the Banks debit card rules and claims processed by the Bank's card vendor and ATM Operations. Review opportunities with the each and follow through on any corrective action.
- ACH and Wire - Perform periodic quality control reviews to ensure Reg E compliance.
- Perform quality reviews each Banking as a Service partners- monitor debit card rules and claims performed by the partner to ensure alignment with the Bank's policies. Communicate the results to the partner and follow through on corrective action.
- Produce monthly reporting on each Banking as a Service partner for review by management and the Operational Risk Committee.
- Work with the implementation team to onboard new Banking as a Service partners enduring all Bank pre-requites are met for implementation
- Work with our Mastercard business partners to open new card BINS, register new processors and complete all required Mastercard documentation.
- Collaborate with Operations, Finance and the Client to implement settlement processes and ensure end to end testing.
- Serve as a liaison and track all audits being performed in Payment Services ensuring deliverables are met and potential issues are identified.
- Ensure all groups within Payment Services are maintaining and reviewing procedures as appropriate.
- Assist each team in enhancing current monthly reporting and developing KRI's and KPI's to monitor results.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.
Who We Want
- Prior experience in a Payment Environment
- Preferred 3-4 years in a Debit or Credit card environment
- Extensive working knowledge of Regulation E
- AAP a plus
- Experience with interfacing with Compliance, Auditors and Regulators
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive practical knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Education: Preferred Degree & Major Area of Study, Preferred/Required Certifications (HS Degree minimum required)
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's and/or Master's) preferred. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Specific Skills: Skills & Abilities (e.g., technology, analytical, problem solving, relationship building skills, etc.)
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.