Director of Channel Payments & Transactions
- New York, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Director of Channel Payments & Transactions will be responsible for driving the overall digital vision and strategy of the Sterling Bank payments and transactional platform in close partnership with the product, marketing, client experience and operations teams, among others. The person's primary role will be to lead all digital initiatives related to payments and receivables products, as well as internalizing upcoming trends and technology like Real Time Payments.
The successful candidate will manage a team, overseeing channels. She/he will report to the Chief Information Officer. This person will be responsible for ensuring the team stays abreast of the payments industry and fintech disruption and supports organization towards the goal to be a solid digital player in the industry.
- Lead a team responsible for co-building the strategy and the implementation of all payments and transactional services initiatives across Sterling Bank channels and clients
- Identify and lead the implementation of new payments solutions across all segments (including but not limited to B2B, B2C), looking for future proof/innovative technologies beyond traditional partners like Fiserv/FIS
- Partner with other teams like client experience, products, marketing, transformation, technology, sales and vendors to ensure new partnerships and/or newly built capabilities are designed and delivered as part of a holistic, world class transactional client experience
- Visit strategic clients to understand their current payment flows and existent/future opportunities, digital capabilities, pain points, strategy/goals and leverage insights to commercialize Sterling Bank, help prioritize Sterling Bank product roadmap and influence digital initiatives
- Keep abreast of current and future trends in payments and transaction services. Stay connected to the industry
- (WILL TRAIN>)Own end to end client experience on e-Treasury/Commercial Center and/or any transactional digital platforms, in order to continuously enhance those channels
- Engage with other duties as needed
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures
Who We Want
- Minimum of 10 years of cash management and payments experience, digital banking, digital solutions or digital channels
- Experience working with innovative and emerging technology and understanding of its current/potential impact on the traditional banking space
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, quickly understand complex operational problems and define operational improvements in a matrixed organization
- Experience in the cybersecurity space is a plus
- Experience crafting and executing on product strategy and commercialization.
- Ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility
- Ability to build positive relationships throughout the bank and capable of establishing professional expertise through integrity, dedication, and strategic counsel
- Must be capable of inspiring confidence and respect in staff and motivate colleagues to achieve individual, division and company goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Leadership and influential skills
- Ability to operate extraordinarily no matter the environment you are in
- Obsession with details while focus on results
- Business acumen
- Exceptional analytical skills enabling you define strategies, make recommendations and lead researches
- Expert practitioner in client-centered design and can demonstrate success in bringing digital solutions to market
- Experience navigating in complex environments with multiple stakeholders in large business settings
- Excellent communication skills in order to articulate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to senior audiences
- Experience working with B2B and B2C solutions, client facing channels
- Experience as a people manager with the ability to attract, recruit, retain, and develop creative talent
- Collaborative and inclusive team player, who can build relationships and ensure connections across silos
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top