Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Product Director, Commercial Liquidity & Deposit Products overseas and manages all Commercial Liquidity & Deposit banking products and solutions in support of both Business Banking and Commercial Bank verticals to ensure client satisfaction, expansion of deposit growth opportunities, bank profitability, marketplace competitiveness, and compliance with Federal and State bank regulations. This position is responsible for defining the product/market vision, positioning, and driving competitive and innovative products and services for both Business and Commercial Banking. In addition to strategy, this position is also responsible for the day-to-day product operational responsibilities including vendor management, client issue resolution, and project management across multiple functions. This position will remain focused on maximizing sales revenues, expanding market share and increasing profit margins, while supporting the Banks strategic goals. Detailed responsibilities are as follows:
Day to day PM responsibilities & contributions to strategy for:
Liquidity Management products & services
Business Banking and Commercial Deposit products
Treasury Management Product Bundling and Pricing for Business Banking
Identifying Deposit Growth Opportunities
Vertical Bundles (e.g. Legal, Property Managers, etc.)
Impact to Analyzed and Non-Analyzed Billing
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Treasury Management Commercial Liquidity and Deposit products lifecycle and strategy. Including all related product/service features, functionality, pricing, marketability and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with product development colleagues to execute product & vertical market discovery, define requirements, and to deliver new/enhanced product capabilities and/or package vertical offerings for deposit growth initiatives.
- Manage external vendors including product/market requirements, performance, pricing and to provide business case recommendations to continue or replace when necessary. Negotiate vendor contracts and obtain approval for execution, when required.
- In conjunction with Marketing, oversee the change management process by coordinating communications about new products and changes internally, as well as to clients and the general public, including client webinars, focus groups, mailings, e-mails, etc.
- Serve as the 'voice of the customer' for all Commercial Liquidity and Deposit products by interacting with clients, sales, branch administration, and all client facing staff to provide product knowledge/expertise, to obtain product feedback and to deliver solutions that meet or exceed client and market requirements.
- Support Sales enablement by serving as the Commercial Liquidity and Deposit products subject matter expert, enhancing the Sales teams' product knowledge, and participate in key client calls to demonstrate the banks expertise.
- Provide market intelligence to the Bank's management on product information, pricing budget planning, business case development, etc.
- Work with partners in Legal, Credit Risk and Compliance on all matters related to Commercial Liquidity and Deposit products to ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- For this position you must have at least 8 years of Product Management experience with some concentration in Commercial and Business Banking deposit products
- You must have at least 3 years of cross-functional experience in a leadership position. Direct management experience is a plus but not required.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Liquidity and Deposit products is required.
- Ability to clearly understand market needs and trends, for both Business and Commercial Banking, and recommend trade-offs around what capabilities to build, how long to pursue new products, how to validate the appropriateness and viability of the solution, and to develop the requirements.
- Understanding of product development, product life cycle, product profitability and associated regulatory and compliance guidelines. Strong business and financial analytical skills in order to conduct profitability analysis on new and existing products.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations to clients, senior management or employees, and to contribute to industry publications.
- Direct experience with Billing and Lending Product Management would be an asset.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.