Client Service Representative
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Client Service Representative for our Contact Center will provide exceptional problem resolution, customer service, and guidance to our clients. You will also need to know all of our products to successfully refer our clients to our FC's colleagues in order to close the deal. Bring your passion and drive and we will train you on the rest. In a vibrant high volume inbound Contact Center you will build strong and long lasting client relationships by providing quality client service and sales in an effective and highly professional manner. Achieve a high level of accomplishment by understanding client needs and identifying opportunities to grow relationships.
- Meet and or exceed service, productivity and quality metrics set by department management, ensuring service provided exceeds client expectations; solidify client relationships by proactively identifying needs and offering services/products that will meet those needs and referring these clients to FC colleagues to close the sale.
- Furnish current and accurate information on all products, services, and special campaigns offered by the bank; resolve product or service related inquires and research issues accurately/efficiently by adhering to the "first call resolution" client service standard by responding to inquires accordingly; demonstrate ability to independently handle challenging client interactions with tact, professionalism and minimal supervisory support.
- Meet and or exceed service, productivity and quality metrics set by department management, ensuring service provided exceeds client expectations; solidify client relationships by proactively identifying needs and offering services/products that will meet those needs.
- Possess up-to date knowledge on all client service channels, in particular, emerging technology-related banking products, including online and mobile application banking.
- Communicate with clients effectively (verbal, written, email) and provide feedback to supervisors.
- Conduct service-related and/or marketing outbound telephone calls to specifically targeted clients.
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- For this position, 2 years of relevant and progressive experience in a retail, banking, financial sales, contact center and/or customer service environment, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and/or training related to serving clients, building relationships, with ability to independently drive tasks to completion.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills with ability to explain complex information in ways that are easy to understand.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills; Ability to provide an exceptional customer service experience and take ownership of customer concerns with the goal of first call resolution at first point of contact.
- Familiarity with current technologies and the ability to quickly learn multiple software applications related to the position.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team centric yet, challenging culture.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top