Client Service Manager 1, Financial Center
- Queens, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Do you enjoy building new relationships? We are looking for a Client Service Manager to provide exceptional client service/operational leadership within our Financial Center. In this position, you will be responsible for uncovering client financial needs, ensuring retention and deepening existing relationships, as well as growing new relationships. You will manage the daily operations of the Financial Center and will be accountable for compliance with regulatory, security and internal audit controls. The Client Service Manager oversees the staffing, coaching and motivation of all Client Service Associates (CSAs) and provides limited teller line coverage, typically during peak periods.
- Assume responsibility for Financial Center operations, sales opportunities and service activities; provide direction to colleagues regarding operational/regulatory procedures and ensures compliance with operational, security, and audit procedures.
- Maintain operational integrity of Financial Center, including control of assets, negotiable instruments and fulfilling periodic reports as required.
- Identify product/service opportunities; participate in development of new solutions for client needs; coordinate presentations/sales programs, and rely on experts outside of Financial Center when appropriate.
- Manage all Client Service Associates within financial center; train new CSA hires on policies and procedures; monitor performance and provide coaching to enhance operational effectiveness; review and approve time sheets, manage staffing schedule to ensure proper coverage and minimize overtime.
- Support Managing Director with sales administration and banker development activity reporting; promote the adherence to internal playbooks, as well as utilization of the sales tools necessary to build a culture that is focused on identifying client needs and building relationships.
- Troubleshoot complex client service issues; responsible for fraud loss research and processing of charge offs.
- Provide teller line coverage typically during peak periods or staff shortage.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Other accountabilities as assigned
Who We Want
- For this position, you must have a minimum of 2 years of banking experience; 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- 5 years of cash handling experience is preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration may be required upon hire
- Broad knowledge of banking products, practices and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of branch operations and banking regulations.
- Ability to build and expand trusting relationships and partnerships.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top