Client Service Associate 1
- Yonkers, NY
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Are you service oriented? We are looking for a Client Service Associate to greet our Financial Center clients and handle their teller transactions while modeling the Bank's values. In this position, you will assist the Managing Director with efforts to ensure the retention and deepening of existing relationship as well as the growth of new relationships.
- Process a variety of client transactions with accuracy in accordance with bank policies, procedures and individual authority levels; keep work area in proper order and supplied with the necessary forms/working documents.
- Recognize and respond to the needs of the client through working knowledge of products, services and financial industry; apply product and market knowledge effectively.
- Provide service to both internal and external clients in a manner that reflects the banks values and service level agreements by promptly responding to customer needs, as well as displaying courtesy and sensitivity.
- Perform a variety of operational functions in accordance with cash control policies and procedures including but not limited to: preparing, ordering and verifying weekly coin and currency shipments; ensuring daily work is captured within assigned timeframes and that it conforms to processing requirements; assisting with end of day work and consolidation; opening of accounts and other platform duties.
- Strive to improve performance, expand knowledge and learn new methods and techniques to meet the needs of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Other accountabilities as assigned.
Who We Want
- Prior experience in a Teller position or cash handling experience preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Ability to build and expand trusting relationships and partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of banking regulations.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Back to top