About the Opportunity
At StellaService, we help companies grow through better service. Our suite of software and data solutions include employee engagement tools, real-time customer feedback surveys, and objective performance measurement across online and in-store channels. Together, these solutions enable companies to build brand equity, increase customer advocacy and drive sales.
We are seeking a senior-level backend engineer proficient in TDD, to help us build and scale our several interconnected services. You will work on our Rails + React application, our Ember application and our api’s written in Python and Elixir. You will be part of a fast-paced, passionate and dedicated team tasked with growing StellaService at a rapid rate. Ideal candidates will have a passion for building excellent products, implementing useful new technologies and building stable systems that scale.
- Frameworks: Rails, Ember (using ember-cli), React, Phoenix, with Django useful for the Python, RESTful Web Services
- TDD: RSpec, Capybara or similar
- Database design, architecture and migrations
- Experience with containerized services, Docker
- Unix/Linux experience is required
- Open mind, the desire to learn and a love of challenges are much more important than any one of the languages and frameworks listed above.
- Entrepreneurial, passionate, easy to work with, comfortable in a small, fast-paced, agile startup environment
- End-to-end, somewhat data intensive, web software development (frontend, server-side and database integration - this is a full stack position with a concentration on backend)
- Play a pivotal role in the development and enhancement of a new Rails-based product
- Solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code
Nice to have
- From the Devops side, exposure or experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with NLP and text analytics - some ML experience or interest would be pertinent
- Solid understanding of HTTP based applications and limitations, OOP, familiarity with flowcharts and basic UML for describing software interactions
- We also have a separate product with a Python stack, so interest or experience with Python and Django would be a plus.
- Data visualization
- HTML5 knowledge
- Strong UI sense – don't have to be a wiz with the paint and crayons, but strong sane opinions based on previous UI experience is what we're after
- API development and documentation
- NoSQL experience, ElasticSearch particularly
What will make you a standout candidate
- Show us your Github
- Share your Stack Overflow profile
- Find a way to show us the code and flows behind the most interesting work you have done
Compensation & Perks
Competitive cash comp + bonus; stock options; full (and might I add, excellent) health, dental and vision insurance benefits; gym stipend; unlimited vacation; much much more!
StellaService is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Meet Some of StellaService's Employees
Co-founder, SVP Global Sales & Services
As a co-founder, John has many responsibilities, one of which is acquiring new clients and new customers for Stella Connect, a product that helps drive and motivate frontline staff employees.
Back to top