Head of People
About the Opportunity
At StellaService, we help companies grow through better service. Our suite of software and data solutions include employee engagement tools, real-time customer feedback surveys, and objective performance measurement across online and in-store channels. Together, these solutions enable companies to build brand equity, increase customer advocacy and drive sales.
We believe the best teams create the best companies, and StellaService is looking for a Head of People (Vice President level job) to join us to help build the best team. We are looking for a leader that has a track record of building teams and organizations in which individuals grow and thrive.
You are a business partner to the various team leaders to help StellaService maximize its potential. You will support departmental leaders across all areas, including sales, marketing, engineering and other business units, and you are comfortable assisting employees across a range of topics. You are an initiative-taker, comfortable working in a fast-paced, high growth environments that will require skills in staffing, training, employee engagement, leadership development and organizational design.
- Build and oversee all aspects of our People and Culture functions in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Oversee our Employee Task Forces which focus on employee enrichment and other enhancements to the employee experience
- Partner with departmental leaders to effectively architect, scale, and develop the rapidly growing and changing organization
- Work closely with recruiters to identify and attract outstanding candidates across all functional areas
- Help manage the process of recruiting, evaluating, formulating offers, closing and hiring candidates
- Work with managers and prospective employees on compensation to ensure we are competitive
- Refine and manage the employee onboarding process
- Enhance ongoing employee development and training across all functional areas
- Embody and be the ambassador of our culture and core values
- Stay current on industry trends and practices to provide thought leadership and guidance on recruiting, compensation, organizational structure, employee relations, training and development, performance evaluation, retention and HR policies
- 7+ years HR or People Operations related experience within high-growth technology startups
- Experience with staffing and talent acquisition. You believe that attracting great talent belongs to everyone at the company
- Strong experience with organization design, leadership and coaching
- Experience administering full employee lifecycle from hire to separation; performance management and immigration
- Proven ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
Compensation & Perks
Competitive cash comp + bonus; stock options; full (and might I add, excellent) health, dental and vision insurance benefits; gym stipend; unlimited vacation; much much more!
StellaService is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Meet Some of StellaService's Employees
Co-founder, SVP Global Sales & Services
As a co-founder, John has many responsibilities, one of which is acquiring new clients and new customers for Stella Connect, a product that helps drive and motivate frontline staff employees.
Back to top